“connections” : 0,
“proxy” : “”,
“difficulty” : 1.00000000,
“testnet” : false,
“keypoololdest” : 1477761106,
“keypoolsize” : 101,
“paytxfee” : 0.00000000,
“relayfee” : 0.00005000,
“errors” : “This is a pre-release test build - use at your own risk - do not use for mining or merchant applications”
}
brian@Vaio-Server:~/zcash$

Looks like I’m running an old version… I’ll try updating tonight. (Thanks Barry)

Now I am really confused as there are so many new versions, so what is the most favourable to take at the moment?

I installed on Ubuntu, thought things were gong great until the doing the copy and paste bit to the folder, I keep getting a message saying no such file or directory

then when I go to the home folder to create that text file, when I right click there is prompt which says no shown hidden files in folder.

and I am unable to generate a T addr or Z addr I could really use some help, having some problems understanding the exact things I need to do to get back on track, I was doing great until the video om youtube was no longer following the Ubuntu…

I would greatly appreciate any help, is there a webpage that has photos and directions? is there is could some please let me know.

I am having some memory a Thank you for you time and patience,

hello, so if I am understanding this right, there are a few updated zcash wallets out there? are you installing on Ubuntu? or another system…

I am struggling to get my wallet installed, I have hit a wall and cannot seem to figure anything out past a certain point.

all I can tell you is, that I wasn’t using that video anymore. Just use the guide means to go here first:

Get started

Debian-based operating systems

Follow the instructions here: Home · zcash/zcash Wiki · GitHub

after this go on and start going through from that point mentioned here, in User Guide:

Compile it yourself

On Ubuntu/Debian-based systems:

$ sudo apt-get install
build-essential pkg-config libc6-dev m4 g+±multilib
autoconf libtool ncurses-dev unzip git python
zlib1g-dev wget bsdmainutils automake

best of luck just go through point by point and then it should work out, did it more than just one time, ah and maybe use the command I have received from a user:

sudo apt-get update

and

sudo apt-get upgrade

After this I could install it without any problems