Problems with z cash, and rig help

I think we Will haver to wait a bit longer since the 10x series came out a few months ago and there may be a long time before new series and ipdates come out. Just one quick question. Since the 1080 ti oc is already overclocked from stock is it recomended ti oc it a little bit? Or is not needed?

They should be presenting the new series in fall and should be available around in early 2018, so it’s not actually that far away (my pure expectations, nothing confirmed). If a good price for the 1080 ti’s come around I will be purchasing others. I bought my firsts at 630 euro :open_mouth:

I believe a little bit of overclocking could help out also in this case.
Finding out the “hot spot” for your OC configuration can make a bit difference over time, from efficiency to durability of cards itself.

That’s nice Will look for the best specs online. Now just need the cash to Invest XD

hey, i was seeing some vídeos and fóruns, and i saw that the gtx 1080 ti oc with msi afterburnr overclock got aroud 740 sol/s. while in the link you sent me they say it can go for 800sil/s. how they can get 800sol/s? are even theese values real?

I have Aorus 1080 ti (not extreme edition) and I can OC to get 790 sol/s, so someone with a better brand getting 800 sol/s is very possible. I prefer having a 3.25 sol/W efficiency than a 2.8 sol/W and having cards lasting much longer.

can you tell me the specs of the oc that you use, so if i buy the extreme version i test them on that and see if i can get near 800sol/s?
could the fact that they can’t get 800 be because they use Windows?

now I’m using +122 core and +400 mem with 90% power for 720-730 sols stable.
I don’t remember the 790 sol/s configuration but I didn’t even push cards to the limit, never reached 80 C°.

OS can affected a little bit the sol/s but we are talking very very small percentage (max 10 sol/s)

but the 790sol/s were also stable?

i didn’t keep those settings on to long to judge the stableness, I’m pretty sure that with a good cooling system I could keep them at 780-790 around 80 C° with 100% fans. I would never do that since I would like to use these cards for a future internet café :smiley:

oh ok! good luck wi that :wink: buttttttttttttttttt how much of a lifetime can i expect from a card working on thoose conditions? 5/6 years?

I would believe 2-3 years but I wouldn’t be amazed if 1 or 2 cards last 6 months or 8 years.
I believe the settings I’m running now should run for 5/6 years, going to mine for a year max 2 with these cards, I’m pretty optimistic I’ll be able to scale up and keep upgrading systems with not much difficulty.

only 1/2 years? wow that’s low. I saw graphics with 3 years warranty, if they fail in that time, the warranty should cover no?so if i don’t force them to hard and go for 720sol/s i should egt about 5 years than right?

yup, even 10!
I’m going to be opening up 2 times a year these bad boys and clean away all the dust and change cooling paste (:slight_smile:

ya, is has to be! What do you think of water cooling the grapfics? is it price worthy?

hey man what do you think of this build for aa 6 gpu 1080 ti oc rig?

GPU:Placa Gráfica Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC Black 11G ( 6 units)
CPU: INTEL Celeron G3930 2.9GHz 2MB LGA1151 (1 unit)
Motherboard: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro SKT 1151 (1 unit)
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 1300W MODULAR 80PLUS GOLD ( 2 units)
RAM: Kingston Hyperx Fury 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 Cl9 DIMM (1 unit )
Rom: SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB Blister Version (flashed for linuz and simplemining)
Fans: Tacens Mars Gaming MF12 ( 6 fans - 1 for each GPU)
Riser: Riser Card 1x 16x USB Molex Sata - RISERMOLEX ( 6 risers - 1 for each GPU)

It gives some extra sol/s, temp are low and usually lasts longer. Prices are the problem. If you find for like +100$ or you know a good company that make them for your cards and at low price and so on.
For now and for where I live it’s not worth the buck.

Really good selection of products! I’m kinda scared of the molex riser card, I personally get the 6pin risers to not risk having my ENORMOUS FARM burning down :stuck_out_tongue: jk. They should be fine, I’m just a bit paranoid ^^

i tryied to shearch for price/quality product in stores near my house that i already use nad that offers reasonable prices. i should save up about 100 to 200 € if i run away from big stores. (like i did for my laptop)
ya going to to probably keep the fan cooling since is about 30 bucks for the 6 gpu. the rest of the material i have at home and can be built without spending Money but it will still be a 5000€ rig… it makes me sweat XD probably going to start up with the 800€ one and than if i found friends to invest ill move to this one :wink:

another thing can this motherboard run 6 fans? bc i think it only can do 3 or 4…

I’ve ordered these fans:

They have molex connector, so I plus fans directly to PSU.

If you want to use regular pc fan with regular fan connector then you could search for those boards that extend many fans with one 6 pin or 8 pin…

:smiley:

if you connecto them to the psu don’t you ocuppy gpu conection ?

with the fans I order from china nope, they have a 4 pin molex connection, and I only use 6 pin and 8 pin for risers and gpu.

With the others you sacrifice one 6 pin, for like 8 fans, so it’s not that bad…