Radical “to the moon” thread

What can you say about the reasoning above in the topic? In Russia, cryptocurrency as a means of payment is prohibited, like exchanges, I don’t think it makes sense to try to do something here. I am interested in how the usefulness of zcash will be achieved, write in response to my post something about marketing that I talked about.

Yes, I have a different opinion. People should have access to a fair and open currency that is free from censorship and surveillance. The dollar is not fair or open. Bitcoin is not free from surveillance. And being digitally native, the currency should evolve, not ossify, as Bitcoin has. We need to be able to scale at the base layer and fees need to remain low and predictable. A digital storage payment option requires privacy for use, just as the internet requires privacy.

4 Likes

Then success will come only for a very small percentage of the population, because to have access and use are completely different things, you have access to a lot in this world, but you use what is convenient, prestigious, cheap, and so on, this is my opinion, zcash with this the approach will be like the currency of another state, you can use it but why (this is confirmed by the time that it is on the market, and neither wallets nor exchanges helped change the vector of popularity). It’s good that we came to an understanding.
Either you have a plan to sell the tested technology to a company or to the state, then this explains a lot.

1 Like

Um, you should probably go back and look at who came in second and third in that poll :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Zcash will be miles better than Bitcoin when Halo 2 and the wallets are finished, but people don’t know that. Don’t you think Bitmain would make plenty of ASIC’s for equihash if it was worth more making it potentially just as stable and secure as Bitcoin? Bitcoin isn’t special it just has name recognition and security.

Starting at the grass roots won’t accomplish much I’m afraid. Greyscale said Zcash is like having your own Swiss bank account. It needs to start at the top, not the bottom. We need Z address exchange support. We need governmental authorities to approve of Zcash’s privacy method, that it is legal, preferably the FATF. If they also say Monero’s isn’t legal then that would potentially triple Zcash’s market cap very quickly.

The Federal Reserve said if they adopted a CBDC it wouldn’t be like Bitcoin since it is transparent. zk-SNARKS provide mathematically-provable privacy. It’s obvious to me Zcash will be similar to one they might adopt. But we all hate central banks and governemts right? Good luck trying to increase adoption without them. Zcash’s market cap will never increase much without these things. DASH directly marketed to Venezuelans and their market cap is shrinking. Start at the top. Think of it as an intermediate step to eliminating banks. You can change the world much easier after.

9 Likes

I am from Ukraine and a lot of young people is using crypto.

Like in Russia we not trust to government that’s why people in post soviet countries trust to gold, other fiat currencies and crypto. We saw several times when our fiat money became to dust that’s why we use divercification as a base approach, so crypto is something important for us.

Zcash concept is good for us - no need to trust, complexity / impossibility of tracking. Not because we do something illegal, but because we can’t trust to government and other people. We say Money likes silence.
Government is trying to control you, for example FinMonitoring oblige to give personal data (ID info) for each who makes a transaction more ~1050$. And ZEC is something like a piece of freedom.

So basment of Zcash is good. But reputation of Zcash is poor.

First it is becasue to ASICs. Yes, it was wright desigion, but you need to accept that external communication was not good enough and many people still think that you got a finance benefits from Bitmain (were bribed) and they think it is betrayal.

Second - people don’t hear Zcash, it is very modest and silent. We can’t do this, we can’t do that…But it feels like it is not because you try to be cearful but because you really can’t. Doesn’t matter how your tech is good if people don’t know about it. Some great people died unrecognized I hope this is not your model.
Ask yourself why simple people (not giks) have to start talk about ZEC to each other? What association is first when someone will hear about ZEC and why?

DISCLAIMER: the following text can only be read by people with a strong psyche!

One of the most popular KPI in retail is loyalty index “NPS” with one main question - Would you recommend to your friend that product/service?
Now I personally can’t recommend. Imagine this conversation:

• Friend: I hear you own some ZEC, is it good investment for future?
  • Me: No, price drops all the time, you can loose you wealth.
  • Friend: Oh, clear, so probably it is Money, what I can buy for it?
  • Me: There are a few unclear stores, let’s talk about it in few years.
  • Friend: Ok, but Snowden said it is good privacy.
  • Me: Yes, but you need to remember that there is tranparent and sheided addresess and if you send from one to another it will be traceble and you need to keep your coins on shielded adress before…
  • Friend: Zzzzzzzz Oh, sorry I fell asleep. But they probably have a strong devotee community that support Zcash?
  • Me: Unfortunately early miners and holders hate Zcash, ASIC miners not a lot, but we are waiting for new community, it will come…I belive…one day…
  • Friend: But I know that in ECC the best team and they created Halo - new technology. What it means for Zcash.
  • Me: Yes, they plan to share it with other projects and maybe it become a part of ZEC, who knows, ZF is not decided it yet. It is still on the paper.
  • Friend: By the way about paper, do they have a clear plan of development? What can I expect from this project.
  • Me: Oh yes it calls “All in on ZEC”. Here is it “Our nature is to push. To pull. To fight. And our path forward is clear: to double down on our mission — to empower everyone with economic freedom and opportunity — and to focus all our efforts on experimenting with, developing and evangelizing the Zcash cryptocurrency to that end.”
  • Friend: Hmmm, ok, clear…thanks…
  • Me: So would you like to buy?
  • Friend: It was nice to hear you friend. See you next time, I will call you back tomorrow…
20 Likes

This is good insight. Thank you for the response.

6 Likes

Thank you so much for taking the time to write so much useful positive and negative feedback. And I’m glad to hear from one particular place and people — Ukraine — with your unique perspective. We’ve added this into our feedback process in ECC.

9 Likes

We had a conversation on exactly this during devfund discussion: How to hire ECC
Some comments worth looking at: Eran, Anton, Josh

1 Like

@BUS : Interesting ! I thought strong privacy would make ZEC very popular in Ukraine.

1 Like

lmao…encrypted and Bitcoin being in the same sentence…the level of greed and or stupidity among the Bitcoin maximalists on Twitter has grown to disgusting levels. Just reading this tweet makes my head hurt. Pumpers everywhere who want the uneducated to pump their bags is now what Bitcoin has become. It is not digital gold or digital cash at this point.

1 Like

Hello.
I would like to see comments from ECC on each item indicated on this “roadmap” that have already passed or are ready to pass this year. I cannot find information on most of these points in the implementation.

[image]

2 Likes

What’s wrong about that tweet? Can you decrypt my Bitcoin private key? Bitcoin is transparent blockchain, but that does not mean it’s unrelated to cryptography. It was the first cryptocurrency.

Decrypt your private key? … Bitcoin does not use encryption in any way shape or form.

2 Likes

Then send me 10,000 bitcoins please, since encryption is not used, it will not be difficult for you to do this.
You do not correctly understand the concept of cryptocurrency, or cryptography in general, encryption is the basis.

Uhm… Do you know what cryptography mean? If you believe Bitcoin “does not use encryption in any way shape and form”, why don’t you take 1 million bitcoins from Satoshi addresses?

Private key control the coin you see in addresses (also mean public key). Any coin do that. That’s why we call them cryptocurrency.

Just reading both you and Anton1 statements show me you yourselves do not understand Bitcoin all that much to be honest. The fact no one can take Bitcoin from you has nothing to do with encryption my friends.

Incorrect. The only thing “crypto” about Bitcoin is mostly its elliptic curve secp256k1 and it also uses hashing and signatures. There is no encryption in the stored blockchain or p2p network protocol… Other than that no, there is nothing “crypto” about Bitcoin.

Hope others can chime in here, I am getting a headache and need some sleep.

2 Likes

The only thing crypto about Bitcoin is mostly its elliptic curve secp256k1.

secp256k1 with ECDSA algorithm is exactly same thing that Zcash, and other cryptocurrencies, use to achieve public-key encryption (more specifically, t-addr in zcash). How is that not cryptography?

There is no encryption in the stored blockchain or p2p network protocol…

Now you’re mistaken between encryption and obfuscation.

Just saw some news that there are now over 10.000 ATM’s worldwide for BTC and strange nobody so far mentioned that this is part of the BTC (undeserved) success of it.

On how many of these is ZEC available? I mean i know for sure that these BTC ATM’s have other cryptos as well added. Anybody any info?

2 Likes

Puts cryptographic engineer hat on.

@Blazin8888 said that Bitcoin does not use encryption. That’s completely correct. It uses only digital signatures. And it has no privacy, because it does not use encryption, or any other form of cryptographic confidentiality primitive (e.g. hiding, blinding, or zero knowledge). For precision, I’m talking about the Bitcoin mainnet L1 payment/consensus protocol, so Confidential Transactions, mixing services, etc., and wallet encryption are excluded.

10 Likes