Ready to use AMI for Amazon AWS GPU mining

what is the code line to get it started, on my windows I would use

C:~\nheqminer_v0.4b\nheqminer.exe -l zec-us-west1.nanopool.org:6666 -u tWalletAddy -p x -t 8

I cant seem to find the right line to launch the miner

Its a linux box. So you have to run the linux version of the command

Is it possible to get instance with NVIDIA Tesla P100?

Finding some info about hardware is very hard to find on the website…

So I have access to a $50k ($50,000) AWS credit. What would the napkin math look like in terms of how much cash that could be turned into through mining? I’m not very technical so may be willing to partner up.

@gle4846 Are you still interested?

Heya, I know this thread is old af, but… I have some free AWS credits which i’d like to use for some mining… And as it seems like some of you have knowledge about it, I’m here to ask for advice. what do you think is best for me to mine and how? Are those AMI’s here still useable? Will I get any returns from it? Amazon just released their new g3 instances too, opportunity??

The new G3 instances are Tesla M60s which are old Maxwell chipset GPUs. They’re not ideal for mining but given that you have AWS credits you’ll be less concerned about efficiency than if you were to be paying for usage.

It should be pretty simple to configure the instances for mining. Boot up an instance running Amazon Linux (or Ubuntu or whatever you’d prefer) and install the EWBF miner (google for it, download links from bitcointalk.org), configure and off you go. Note that you’d need to install the CUDA libraries if you use a Linux distribution other than Amazon Linux.

You could probably make a much better ROI on a web hosting forum selling them less than rrp if you have no other use for them