Reference for ZCG operating budget

I came across Uniswap Foundation’s proposal for how they might spend their money to ensure that Uniswap protocol maintains a meaningful, sustainable presence for the long term.

Many of the line items, like protocol research and marketing, are covered by ECC and ZF, but I wonder if the ZCG itself could benefit from a budget to better operationalize and to enhance its mission.

See here: Uniswap Foundation Proposal Clears Hurdle - The Defiant

5 Likes

May be worth mentioning that education/outreach may be diminished on this list due to UNI already granting ~$19mil to it in mid-2021.

https://www.coindesk.com/pf/resources/favicon/favicon-32x32.png?d=184

Can you change the Google amp link please? :sweat_smile:

To comment on your point, I don’t think it’s relevant when they set up this year’s budget. Also, Uniswap foundation is equivalent to the Zcash foundation not ZCG.

1 Like

Right. I’m sure the analogy between ZCG and Uniswap Foundation is not 100% perfect (or intended to be), but the general idea of comparing and contrasting how different crypto orgs allocate funding is useful.

1 Like

Agree. Plus, the fund is for policy advocacy more than it is for adoption education. For example, some of those funds went towards hiring a DeFi Policy Director etc etc.

1 Like