Update on 1st July:
The results are in!
Congratulations to @dontpanicburns! We’ll be in touch later today to begin the onboarding process.
Thank you to @Angst01, @curiouscoffee, @pkr and @tokidoki for standing as candidates. Do not be discouraged that you weren’t successful this time 'round. There will be another opportunity to stand for the committee in six months, and persistence pays off (as Mr Burns can attest to!).
Thank you also to the 129 people who voted. This poll had the highest turnout (92%) of any ZCAP poll to date! I hope we can continue this trend as we continue to expand ZCAP.
Finally, I want to give a big shout-out to the ZF staff, whose hard work behind the scenes made this ZCAP expansion and poll go really smoothly. We have a great team, who all work very hard. I’m very proud of them, and deeply grateful for their efforts.
Update on 22nd June 2022:
The Helios poll is now open.
- @dontpanicburns - DontPanicBurns for ZCG
- @Angst01 - Angst01 for ZCG
- @curiouscoffee - CuriousCoffee candidacy for ZCG
- @pkr - Pkr for ZCG
- @tokidoki - Tokidoki for ZCG
Meet the ZCG Candidates:
Original post on 27th May 2022:
We have published a blog post announcing the opening of nominations for election to a seat on the Zcash Community Grants Committee.
Hudson Jameson (aka @Souptacular) has announced that he will step down from the Zcash Community Grants committee, effective 30th June. Hudson has been a member of the Committee since it was first consttituted in late 2020 (when it was known as ZOMG), and was re-elected for a second term at the end of last year. He has been instrumental in helping the committee form and become an effective part of the Zcash ecosystem. He will be sorely missed.
In light of Hudson’s departure, and to facilitate staggered elections for the ZCG Committee, we will poll the Zcash Community Advisory Panel at the end of June to select Hudson’s replacement on the Committee.
Anyone can stand for election - they simply need to nominate themselves by submitting a forum post (ideally five paragraphs or less) in the governance zcg-elections category, announcing their candidacy, and outlining their priorities and vision for Zcash.
Additionally, a new forum group will be created (@ZCG-Candidate) to which candidates will be added.
The deadline for nominations is 09:00 UTC on 15th June 2022.
All prospective candidates please:
- Read this blog post, which contains important information about the election process, the process of becoming a ZCG Committee member (which includes undergoing KYC, and completing a conflict of interest declaration), and
- Announce your candidacy by posting in the #governance:zcg-elections category
- Reply to this topic with a link to your candidacy announcement, we can assign you to the ZCG-candidate group. We will add a link to all candidacy announcement in this top post in the order received.
- All candidates will receive the title ZCG-Candidate during the duration of the campaign so users can easily identify users that are running.
If potential candidates have any questions about the election process, please post them in this topic.
Any questions for the individual candidates should be posted in their individual candidacy topics to avoid everyone asking/answering questions in this thread.