⭐SLUSHPOOL⭐ - 🏆WORLD'S OLDEST MINING POOL🏆 Adds ZCash Mining! offers 0% fee + Advanced Features / Mobile Apps

We need to get more miners using this pool. Over periods of a week or so, mining luck is where I’d expect it to be (oscillating around 100%), but short-run luck can be low, with long periods in between reward blocks. I’m guessing many miners start using the pool and give up, which just exacerbates the problem.

Any ideas on how to shift miners to the pool? I hate that flypool has such a concentration of mining power.

I think starting any business is difficult to get the initial customers in, but once you do I’m sure you won’t have these issues.

If you compare running a pool to a conventional business you could, if you have a “marketing” budget incentivise people by, for example, for every block mined for the month of May you will increase payments by 10%. So rather than splitting 10 ZEC between the miners, you split 11 ZEC. So you are contributing 1 ZEC of your own “money”… The cost for each block found would be around $90 to you, but could bring in lots of miners.

You are offering zero mining fees currently, so think you need to go the extra mile/km. I think once you get people, and the number of blocks found on your pool increases more people will stay as your dashboard/interface really is good!

2 Likes

My guess is that Slush is taking the long view, knowing that when ETH goes PoS there will be plenty of hash available for every pool/coin in the universe. Although, I’m hoping, when that time comes, there’s a coin that’s more profitable than ZEC, so I can keep mining it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m so close to bailing and moving back over to Suprnova. In the last 24 hours we’ve dropped over 200Kh/s, which is significant. I actually really like Slush but I’m literally waiting nearly a full day to receive my rewards. Each round takes 8-24 hours. Add confirmations after that… I think I’ll stick to it until the weekend is done…but after that…I’m not sure.

Yeah, I’m concerned about how low luck has dropped. I get that difficulty has increased sharply in the last few weeks, but my patience is being tested. :slight_smile: I don’t mind the wait for payouts. They apparently manually process payments as much of their working capital is kept in cold storage.

Of course, as soon as we all leave the bad luck streak will break and all of our hashing to date will be for naught. :wink:

This is why I’m still hanging around. I’m hoping eventually something will give and we’ll get over this hump. I’m just really mulling it over right now.

Slush would be good if it wasn’t for all the pool hoping that’s going around taking advantage of the PPS payout scheme…going back to a PPLNS pool for now with my farm…

1 Like

Yeah, I was concerned that miners would join when the luck had been low for a while and disappear as soon as a few blocks were found. I lost patience and am back on Suprnova. I love the Slushpool UI and the mobile app is cool, but I also like my regular payouts.

Yep got screwed on the first block today by someone hoping. Decided to stick it out since I was already 20+ hours in. Those other blocks helped but still sucked to miss the reward. Pool went from 300~kh/s to over 700~kh/s an hour or so before we hit that block. As soon as we hit it the pool slowly crept back down to its previous 300~kh/s hashrate.

4 Hours 30 Minutes 21.52 kh/s 0.66641561 ZEC
4 Hours 58 Minutes 20.87 kh/s 0.62521701 ZEC
13 Hours 45 Minutes 21.36 kh/s 0.62431553 ZEC
16 Hours 14 Minutes 22.29 kh/s 0.62505149 ZEC
17 Hours 54 Minutes 21.39 kh/s 0.15892473 ZEC

I ran into exactly the same thing mining ZClassic on Suprnova. It’s just not worth it. Is there a PPLNS ZClassic pool? I’m not sure there is, since they all seem to be z-nomp/mpos based, which didn’t support PPLNS, although that may have changed recently.

Being a fairly new miner, may I ask everyone here what’s so wrong with flypool? Yes, they’re big, but why is that a problem? It’s not that they own too much of the coin and affect its value and stability. What am I missing?

@thesmokingman, it’s happening again right now. What’s worse is I already don’t make a ton but I keep at it because it’s going to pay for more hardware. 20+ hours on the latest round and I drop down to a third of what I was supposed to get now because of it.

Very frustrating.

Sucks we got screwed out of the last block by the GFoC…

Ugh. Again. 30 hours in and my estimated reward has dropped to .009xxx from .03xxx. Slush really needs to do something about this.

Yeah it’s just the nature of mining on a PPS pool with a low hashrate…

Actually think it’s funnier watching these auto-switch pools switch to ZEC only to stop block propitiation for their miners till difficulty settles down again. I’ve seen blocks take 10 minutes before the chain starts moving again. By that time I’m sure another coin is profitable, and the pool switches again. This hurts all of us and would be nice if pool operators remove ZEC from their algo as it was designed to prevent exactly what they are doing.

This is just bad, I can’t stay at slushpool. 48hours not a single piece of coin this is just bad bad bad.
Why is this going on? Im giving this another 12 hours then im leaving. First time its actually costing me to mine.

I was a slush user as I love their GUI and app. Sadly, I left after repeatedly losing out to pool hoppers. Every time we’d hit over 20-ish hours, the hashrate would shoot up and a block would be found but I would only get peanuts compared to what I was estimated to get for the 20+ hours of hashing I’d put in. It didn’t help that they were averaging 1 block per day.

I tried Suprnova for a bit as well and while it was better, I like Flypool for the sheer volume of blocks they find in a day. It dwarfs every other pool. 200+ blocks per 24 hours while the rest can barely break 10-15. I’m much happier now.

1 Like

I was about to try out Slushpool as I use to mine there a long time ago. But after reading responses here instead of moving from flypool to slushpool, I guess I will stick to flypool.

Slushpool looks like it has attracted a number of large miners and likely has a more stable payout now. Compare pool hashrates and payouts to get a better feel for issues such as the above.

Been awhile since last reply was posted, how’s Slush doing on Zec?