State of AMD GPU mining on Linux

To be honest, it’s the pool side I’m most concerned about, at this point. They are obviously being crushed by poor miner implementations (stale/rejected shares) and buggy client code (zcashd). v1.01/1.02/1.03 can’t be released fast enough.

2 Likes

Just saw that ethOS now supports Zcash in version 1.1.3! Anyone know what they are are using (presumably it’s Zogminer)?

http://ethosdistro.com/changelog/

I am using AMDGPU-PRO drivers, my low hash rate seems very strange the only thing i can think is its due to system ram

I’m on heavyly modded bios, that’s the pb most certainly.

So confirmed via IRC that eth)S 1.1.3 runs Zogminer :grin: To quote them

its zogminer launched in a way that the cards will actually perform

I’ll try this later tonight.

Hi! How to monitor the miner and reboot it if it freeze?

Well just under my post for fan control, I posted the monitoring info. With the command ‘watch’ you can build all-in-one-monitoring(mem+DPM+temp+fan) using a wild card ‘/sys/class/drm/card*/device/…’. I don’t have access to my linux setup right now, or I would have provided the entire thing.

Sorry where is this post? I can’t find it but sounds great.

This one? I probably wouldn’t understand that even if it were English. My linuxfu is not strong. But you might grok it.

1 Like

Sorry, I forgot I wrote it in french :smiley:
here’s the complet command:
watch -n 0.1 cat /sys/class/drm/card*/device/pp_dpm_clk /sys/class/drm/card/device/hwmon/hwmon0/temp1_input /sys/class/drm/card*/device/hwmon/hwmon0/pwm1

the output with one card looks like:
0: 300Mhz
1: 1900Mhz * ← memclock
0: 300Mhz ← DPM0
1: 466Mhz
2: 644Mhz
3: 950Mhz
4: 1130Mhz
5: 1150Mhz
6: 1175Mhz * <-current DPM (Forced for stability)
7: 1200Mhz <-DPM 7
66000 ← temp*1000
135 ← fan

1 Like

Your linguistic versatility is as impressive as your humility. Sadly I get three no such files pasting the commands. I was hoping the french in that post explained modifications to the commands that would make them work, but I’m guessing my setup just isn’t compatible with the method. I’m ubuntu 16.04 with amdgpu pro 16.30 drivers running an A10 7890k APU that has r7 gfx integrated.

cat: '/sys/class/drm/card*/device/pp_dpm_clk': No such file or directory
cat: /sys/class/drm/card/device/hwmon/hwmon0/temp1_input: No such file or directory
cat: '/sys/class/drm/card*/device/hwmon/hwmon0/pwm1': No such file or directory

Thank you for the suggestion. I’ll keep searching for info related to those commands via google. Maybe I’ll figure out the hangup.

You will probably have to run as root

1 Like
sudo watch -n 0.1 cat /sys/class/drm/card*/device/pp_dpm_clk /sys/class/drm/card/device/hwmon/hwmon0/temp1_input /sys/class/drm/card*/device/hwmon/hwmon0/pwm1

Returns the same errors as above. But I’ll remember to try that if I do find more information on the method. It didn’t occur to me before your post. Merci.

This works for me for the first card (note the difference between hwmon0 and hwmon1 and sclk)

sudo watch -n 0.1 cat /sys/class/drm/card0/device/pp_dpm_sclk /sys/class/drm/card0/device/hwmon/hwmon1/temp1_input /sys/class/drm/card0/device/hwmon/hwmon1/pwm1

For the second card it would be:

sudo watch -n 0.1 cat /sys/class/drm/card1/device/pp_dpm_sclk /sys/class/drm/card1/device/hwmon/hwmon2/temp1_input /sys/class/drm/card1/device/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm1

leaving the ‘’ in 'card’, it should run all of them,does it not?

how would it increment the hwmon directory but yeh, does work for the first command.

I could do in german or spanish as well :wink:
(Actually not really I did not practice for years)

Edit: Were the heck did you find me humble? Forget it I’m not :smiley:

Holy shit. That’s great. Thanks for that lexele.

BTW, you beat me only by one language. Do computer languages count?

Im learning java and python at the moment :wink:

@lexele @garethtdavies Thank you both, but you know, psensor isn’t reporting correct cpu temps (as low as 0*C at idle, so I figure that’s probably inaccurate), so I think I have some sort of mobo driver issue that I’ve been avoiding. Maybe I can’t use those commands because of that.

I have a spare dialect left on the side :wink:

1 Like