Toomim Bros GPU mining software and cloud mining

just refund me ,you failed from the start

2 Likes

you lied before you started the auction, and failed offering hashrates at lanuch day ,now you pretend that you are doing well for customers ,don’t cheat yourself … What you are offering is worthless compare the payments of all customer… now a 7850 can offer 55 h/s with claymore 0.6

2 Likes

Btw since your initial hype gave us a insight of you guys are being excellent coders, why can’t you just implement silentarmy solvers to your own mining software? Or even claymore’s. They are open source.

why can’t you just implement silentarmy solvers to your own mining software?

We did that with silentarmy over the last few days. Silentarmy has a memory leak that shows up if it’s restarted too frequently, so we had to change our approach, and that delayed us a couple of days.

Claymore is not open source, and Claymore does not run on Linux.

1 Like

We can’t afford to compensate people for the BTC they would have made if they had sold immediately starting at T0. I did the math. We just don’t have that much cash, even if we shut down immediately and defaulted on all of our other obligations. Even if I added all of my personal assets, we wouldn’t have enough money. Even if we also sold all of our GPUs and all of our bitcoin miners, we still wouldn’t have enough money. The exchange rates during the first few hours were ridiculous. The only way we could afford them is if we mined during that time and sold all the ZEC we had mined, but (alas) we didn’t mine anything for ourselves.

We do not have enough cash to refund all our customers, either. While we do have enough to have refunded eastwind_ja to shut him up, that wouldn’t be fair to everyone else, so we’re tolerating his incessant demands.

We didn’t promise to start mining at T0. We said the contracts would start October 28th. I phrased it that way in the auction rules document and elsewhere because I wanted to have a few hours of wiggle room in case we had launch bugs. In retrospect, I wish I had simply said that we would start in October, but oh well. October 28th it is.

If we start the mining compensation calculation at around T +4 hours, we may be able to afford to compensate customers for the BTC value that they would have exchanged for if they had sold immediately. Would that be acceptable to you?

good stuff, hope you can get it optimized for your set up

You might also want to contact their PUD (power company) as they may think twice about giving them as lucrative a deal next time they negotiate their power rate.

1 Like

I have sent you my refund BTC address ,Please refund me to shut me up , I have sent you an email to discribe my condition at the first time you failed the launch, you just don’t do right .thing … I am tolerating your Dishonesty and irresponsible behavior too .You do know you should not buy GPUs with your customers payments before you have fufilled your customers contracts, so just stop seeking excuse for what you have said.,
I invested all my own 2.5 btc for your service , I cannot afford a failed launch too. please just refund me

Personally, Id rather vote for my refund being in BTC. Honestly, Id rather a full refund period.

Dude, I watched videos of you online just being completely confident in your rigs and setup for days. I chose to work with you for that reason. You kept saying how your ready to go, everything is tested etc. Super cocky, hour long interviews, showing your facilities off. Now your saying you weren’t supposed to be ready at the get go which frankly seems like back peddling.
Whatever man, you may have won this battle with this echelon of cloud miners, but I really don’t know how your reputations gonna fare in the future. You will not get repeat business from me. But I’m sure cloud mining isn’t a repeat customer business model.

I DO appreciate the extra hashes as of late, I have no idea how long that’s gonna last for.
I know you’ve been taking it on the chin the past month, which isn’t easy to do.

Good luck doing the right thing.

You can’t have both, sorry. It doesn’t matter how generous I am; it’s simply not possible for us to do both. Even if we hadn’t spent a single satoshi of our mining revenue, it wouldn’t be possible. You have to choose one or the other.

(Legally, we’re obligated to do neither, but I’m okay with doing one of those two things.)

Edit: I think I misread your post, sorry. I thought you meant BTC-equivalent for the full period that we were not online (e.g. from T0), but what it seems you meant is just a full refund of your original payment.

Edit 2: We are not offering refunds of customers’ original payments. Cloud hashing contracts are a speculative investment. They are made based on the customer’s guess of the future profitability of the contract. They are equivalent to making a trade on a stock exchange, or purchasing a futures contract. If you could buy a futures contract, then wait a while and see if the price increases or decreases, and cancel the futures contract only if the price decreases, you could make an infinite amount of money at the expense of the person offering the contract. Therefore, in order to be fair, the contract has to be irrevocable.

I didn’t ask for both, I stated my preference.
You said you may be able to compensate with BTC.

Im not asking you to be generous, no one is.
Your being led to do the right thing.
Its your business, do what ever you want.
Sleep at night however you want.

Have a good day.

1 Like

We increased customer hashrates yesterday by about 50% or perhaps a little more. Auction customers should now be getting around 9x to 12x as much hashrate as they paid for, and web customers should now be getting around 3x to 4x as much hashrate as they paid for.

2 Likes

We rolled out another change to our allocator that should produce more consistent hashrates.

But the new code didn’t include the slightly-less-new 4x-12x multiplier. Oops.

So we rolled out some newer code that includes both. Sorry about the tease.

(Yes, the newest multiplier is 4x (web order) or 12x (auction), so the 50% mentioned in the previous post should now be 100%, as long as we have enough hashrate on the backend. Here’s hoping it makes it through the night without crashing.)

We’re seeing a bug with suprnova on high-hashrate customers that seems to be causing around 10% of our share submissions to not get accepted. If you’re using suprnova and have ordered over 50 H/s from us, we would appreciate it if you could send a graph of your hashrate as shown on your suprnova dashboard to support@toom.im.

Flypool users appear to be getting a consistent 4x (or 12x) hashrate now with no remaining bugs.

Edit: The issue with suprnova appears to be resolved. Our system only counts accepted shares, and our logs show that the number of accepted shares was very close to our targets, despite the 10% extra shares that were not accepted.

I’m getting 0 h/s on suprnova… again

Why would you refund anyone at prices that were set by Bitmex to scam their own futures customers? Refund partial contracts from day-0 to current @ USD price of Bitcoin.

Time to make a fair hashrate increase for everybody with Claymore V7 release

1 Like

Breasal, your pool has been accepting shares from us for your account pretty consistently over the last 24 hours. The hashrate that suprnova has accepted from us (divided by the hashrate total that we owe you) has averaged:

5.276x since October 28th
12.493x since 24 hours ago (Nov 17th, 2:54pm PDT)
12.011x since 6 hours ago (Nov 18th, 8:54am PDT)
12.349x since 30 minutes ago (Nov 18th, 2:24pm PDT)
12.782x since 5 minutes ago (Nov 18th, 2:49pm PDT)

It’s possible there was a brief interruption that you noticed while we were switching from one system to another, but not very likely. If there was a brief interruption, it was certainly compensated for shortly afterwards, as our records show over 12x delivery average for the last 24 hours. It’s more likely that there’s either a bug with your pool or you’re looking at the wrong account. Can you send a screenshot of your suprnova dashboard to support@toom.im, please?

Note: we haven’t received any emails from you since Oct 10th. If you want technical support, that is the best means of getting it.

Edit: It looks like we were hashing to your backup account on flypool for a while. I suggest you check that.

Have been quiet here over the past few weeks but purchased very significant
amount of contract from @jtoomim and a) appreciate his efforts to remedy
this situation but b) on the same page as @ohweoh last two posts. would
prefer a straight up refund period (obviously with reimbursement of earned
ZEC over that period). Tough spot for @jtoomim but willing to entertain
creative offers or other solutions.

1 Like

Are you asking for a 100% refund of the entire contract, or a refund of just the time during which we were not fully online?

If you’re asking for just a refund of the period in which we weren’t performing at our full capacity, then we can probably work something out. However, my original compensation offer is more generous than that.

If you’re asking for the 100% refund of the entire contract:

Our cloud mining contracts are non-refundable. Mining is a speculative venture. It is not fair for our customers to buy a contract, and then ask for a refund if the network hashrate and market conditions end up being worse than they predicted. All paid orders are final.