Tromp's solvers

so without time, i dont see the sol/s?
but you are just interested in the total solutions anyway?
is there anyway to get it to show the sol/s?

I need to do a fresh install for the 980ti, so should I just stick with ubuntu? that will be able to makeall with time?

sorry, i don't use make, cmake that often...
usually just use prebuilt pkgbuilds and aur

and im clueless with what you are saying about the 144MB etc.

If your OS doesn't have any timing command, then maybe you can just print the time before and after running "equi1 -n 1000 -r 100" to work out the Sol/s ...
in the worst case, use your stopwatch :slight_smile:

The 144MB has nothing to do with your post.

I just hit the wrong Reply button and can't figure out how to edit the post
to remove you as the reply-to ...

ok, so if i install ubuntu and use that, it should post the sol/s
ubuntu 16 is ok or should I use 14? or i can use the latest version of mint? cause honestly hate that ubuntu desktop.

eitherway your interested in the total solutions number that I got at the bottom, or you need the sol/s?

does that output for 780m help you is what I mean?

My solver doesn't report Sol/s; only number of solutions.
So when you run the above with time, and get something like

Digit 7 x0 b0 h339
Digit 8 x0 b0 h688
Digit 9
2 solutions
188 total solutions

real 0m23.712s
user 2m37.732s
sys 0m0.260s

you can compute Sol/s with e.g.
$ bc -l
bc 1.06.95
Copyright 1991-1994, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2004, 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
For details type `warranty'.
188/23.712

to find 7.9 Sol/s

Created pull request with main zcash repo.

Waiting for review. @str4d

2 Likes

ok but i dont get those numbers because time is missing?
ill try on linux mint with the 980ti later today, should I do that?
otherwise im doing everything right? is that correct? thanks

Yes, you seem t have everything working except the time command.
Which any Linux distribution should fix for you...

Thanks for developing the zcash integration!

Btw, you may want to include the latest commits that fix the XFULL definition (accidentally changed after experiment), and save lots of memory.

Also note that the major reason for my own blake implementation is to make the blake2b_compress calls eager rather than lazy, which is needed to get an actual midstate for headers longer than 128 bytes...

1 Like

Currently I am working on integrating this solver into standalone miner.
Will try to integrate XFULL changes after completing cuda & standalone changes.

2 Likes

Sarath, This looks fantastic! .. Cannot wait to try them both, the Cuda and the new improved CPU jobbie, pity i've got to work now :frowning:
Thanks a Million !!!
Put your BTC addr here for some tips !!!

It must be working...mined two blocks 6 minutes apart!

https://explorer.testnet.z.cash/block/002299e2f98735281e23df607ffe09148eb172d187b6daba9c203c897eeef841

https://explorer.testnet.z.cash/block/0020ae515132fe7e1f9df4515d410a2eb9616f4ad3dd05f88b614d459ba744aa

@str4d
I integrated tromp's optimizations into standalone miner.
Pull request: https://github.com/str4d/zcash/pull/11

One issue: While working on standalone miner, after mining some blocks, standalone miner is stopped.
Process is not exited but stopped working.
Raised an issue @github. https://github.com/str4d/zcash/issues/12

1 Like

ok thanks :slight_smile: ill get on that in a bit later this afternoon, so by tonight or worst case tomorrow I should have it set up with a 980ti

Hello! Well, yes 5 hours ago I had dreams :slight_smile: Yes, you obviously can mine GPU and CPU at the same time. There is no best CPU until there is no the best software implementation. Currently any multi core CPU, I suppose 4 cores is enough and is a good solution. To mine effectively you should run one instance per core. Tromp's solver is the best open-source for now, but I really hope nobody (assembly wizard :wink: ) will provide his solution and we will get 28 sols/sec for i7 CPU :slight_smile: what actually will beat all GPU implementations from power+usd / performance point of view. So, if you are going to buy 980 Ti, better do not until you will see exact CUDA implementation. Here time is critical if we talk bout profitable mining. RAM seems not critical until you want to run a full node. Mixing, which actually provide privacy for Zcash is OFF by default, turning it ON requires 8GB of RAM for node.

I think I need to create a good looking Debian image for that purpose :slight_smile: with deployment instructions :).

3 Likes

hmm. link or guide to build?

cool thank you so much for that CPU/GPU answer :smile_cat:
I already have 980ti's so its not a problem for me to test it out
what I am considering buying after implimentation is 1080s :grin:

Im order a CPU, Ram, MB, SSD and stuff now for an extra rig
before I get those, probably tonight, I will take apart an ETH mining rig (remove the risers lol) and install ubuntu/mint to test out hte 980ti. By this time tomorrow you should have numbers for 980ti.

also my cousin works for Nvidia, though dont know if she can help

Thanks again for the help,
I'll be back :robot:

as counsel said,
"You should clone (download) https://github.com/tromp/equihash7
and (then extract and then) compile (open terminal from the folder and type in "makeall"). Then run $time ./eqcuda it should show the amount of
solutions and time spent for them. Like in examples above. Tromp's GTX
provides around 17 sol/s according to his data."

If You have connections in Nvidia I think it would be very correct and on time to ask for help in solver implementation because it will potentially cause the massive buy of their cards. If people from NVidia will donate to Mr. Tromp or provide simply a grant it will be even more a generous and wise step. Sure, push your cousin.