I’m new to all this and I’m trying to start mining on a Linux Ubuntu PC. Here’s the hardware configuration:
CPU: Intel Pentium G2030 3GHZ, 2 core
Motherboard: ASUS P8H61-MLXR2.0
RAM: 4 GB
HD: 74.53 GB
- First, I followed the steps found here: Debian binary packages
- Then I followed the instructions in the user guide under “Configuration” and “Enable CPU mining”
I didn’t proceed with running it, yet.
I understand that mining in a pool can be more profitable that mining alone. So I would like to join a pool. I randomly came to flypool and I read that I should “Choose your mining server” (I’m in Europe) but it’s not quite clear to me how to do that.
If I ever get to actually start mining zcash, I’d like to connect it to my poloniex account so that any gains are moved directly there.
So, here are a couple of newbie questions:
- Should I choose to mine in a pool, and if yes, which one would be better for a newbie miner?
- How much zcash should I expect to make per month? (a rough estimation)
- How do I set it that produced zcash goes directly to my poloniex account?