What are you Watching?

Sneakers

Yes, it has cryptography in it. :slight_smile:

Edit:-
A bit more detail, its set in San Francisco back when acoustic couplers were still a thing. Starring Robert Redford, Ben Kingsley, Mary McDonnell, Dan Akroyd, Sidney Poitier; River Pheonix

7 Likes

Nice. We’re currently watching Sealab 2021, which is apparently an old Adult Swim show. It’s pretty funny

Got some friends over, making dinner, life is pretty good :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I remember sealab that show was great. That an aqua teen hunger force

2 Likes

Aqua Teen Hunger Force is the best lmao. All of the characters are so funny but I think Meatwad is my favorite. Poor lil guy

2 Likes

Would you all mind if this thread was moved to a general public category?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t, but maybe ChileBob would? I have no idea how many forum users are able to see Lounge

Sure, fine with me
 I only posted here 'cos I felt the urge to hang out in the lounge

(orders another beer, leans back in his comfy chair & lights up a huge Cuban cigar)

2 Likes

soon I’ll be walking the dog and smoking a j :slight_smile:

(no one freak out, I live in California, it’s legal here)

1 Like

I was just watching Black Mirror on Netflix, that show goes in so many different directions you never know what’s going on happen.

Anyone else waiting for season 4 of Mr. Robot?

7 Likes

yep - but ‘here in the colonies’ we get it several months later, so no spoilers please !!

2 Likes

now my fiancé and I are watching Hackers :laughing:

I haven’t seen this movie since I was a teenager! he mentioned that it has a great soundtrack, and so far he’s 1000% correct

4 Likes

Have you all heard of Bitcoin & Friends?

Not the currency, the YouTube series. its hilarious if you like Aqua Teen I see some similarities between the 2.

There is full episodes if you search for Episode 1,2 etc
 But I like all the shorts on the channel altogether.

2 Likes

It’s one of my favourite movies to rewatch :smile:

3 Likes

I love the way they break into systems in the movies - all you need is the right person to type ‘decrypt’ in a terminal window, lol.

Just imagine that in our world, it’d be a zcashd RPC method that ‘tweets all private keys’.

2 Likes

I am watching “The Holy Mountain” by Alejandro Jodorowsky. The movie is very, very, VERY (This is bat country) weird.

2 Likes

How was it?

Hackers lived up to its legend

2 Likes

This is my second viewing, the movie is a work of art. Its very surrealist so might not be for everyone. Its like every scene is a peace of the puzzle full of symbolism. The scenes with mass produced messiahs (bat coundtry weird.) might offend some religious people. Anyway I think I will have to find an explanation or critique to figure it all out.

3 Likes

I sear man, Jodorowsky is my favorite writer.

Holy Mountain for sure one of my favorites, so ahead of his time! FUN fact: the scene where they are swimming in water, the actors almost died :stuck_out_tongue:

@ChileBob is his compatriot ^^

2 Likes

El Topo ( The Mole) is also great. And I cant wait to get my hands on “Psychomagic, the art that heals” (His Indiegogo project).
I knew I liked you guys for a reason :wink:

3 Likes

I just recently got an RTL SDR so my mind has been focused on antenna designs for shortwave listening but I did happen across this, it’s the three-hour fan redeux of Lynch’s version of Dune in HD, I haven’t watched it all but it seems like extra scenes and narration
I don’t know how it’s there but it is, select “6 Original files” to download
[Dune - The Complete Saga (Vimeo) : Michael Warren : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive]

3 Likes