Why do so many from Zcash Leadership spend so many hours being reply-guys here in the forums

Rather than spending time creating growth of awareness by guesting on youtube channels, podcasts, and other general crypto currency media outlets?

I have joined recently and am frankly shocked by how many hours some of the most prominent Zcash figures spend going down the rabbit hole of endless replies, whose only audience are the most entrenched echo-chamber Zcash forum participants.

How are we not using the precious time of these Critically important Zcash leaders more productively?

When is the last time that our Zcash leadership team members spent 15-30 minutes speaking on an influential crypto currency youtube channel? (I’m talking about channels like Naomi Brockwell’s, CoinDesk, Token Metrics, Brave New Coin, CoinTelegraph, Alex Backer, heck even BitBoy, or the Rand Neurer Show)

sorry for the gender charged internet slang btw:

Urban Dictionary (with custom non-gendered context)

1. An annoying person who replies to social media messages, in general - whether this annoyance is due to a perceived know-it-all attitude, excessive [familiarity], [banal] arguments that the annoyed user doesn’t feel compelled to reply to again and again, or violation of some imagined [pecking order]

I think it’s great that so many of them take the time to engage with the community in open dialogue.

6 Likes

Welcome to Zcash.

Ignoring the irony of you asking Zcash leadership why they spend so much time replying on the forums when they would have to waste even more time to reply to your question about why they reply…

The ECC and ZFND intentionally keep the conversation public so that everyone can see how major protocol decisions are made. You don’t think other coins have the same kinds of debates? Sure they do but they don’t host it on a public forum for community feedback.

It’s a public feedback system designed around academic principles of being able to debate and defend your position openly. The leadership teams are intelligent and can judge for themselves how much time they wish to engage with the community.

They do YouTube interviews and fireside chats about Zcash as often as they can:

Plus the Upcoming Zcon3 will be really good to watch for interviews and future Zcash plans.

Meanwhile, to avoid more possible time wasted by forum members (including my own) in replying to questions about why or why not they should or should not reply, I’m simply closing this thread.

10 Likes