Z87-A + i5 + 4x 1070 good learning miner?

Hello all,

Great little forum you have here. New to Zcash and mining in general. Think I have answered this myself but would like to verify with some more experienced folks.

I’ve got a Z87-A mobo with an i5 and 16gb RAM that has just been sitting collecting dust almost since I built it. I discovered Zcash and it struck me as something very interesting and useful I could use this idle machine for. Maybe not the perfect miner but something to learn with.

If I’ve been figuring correctly 4x 1070 cards (Zotac GTX 1070 Mini specifically) fit onto my mobo with risers and should give a sol/s rate of 1500-1600-ish? Swap the current Corsair 750 PSU for something a little beefier and I should be off to the races?

Would very much appreciate some pointers as to where I have gone wrong! It almost seems too simple. Cheers.

1 Like

You might have to update the bio’s on the mobo, but you’ve got the idea, you read the forums here (which maybe why it seems simple) and now have a plan, and you are on your way!

1 Like

Much appreciated! I’ll give it a go and see how it turns out. Excited to join the community!