ZCash Desktop GUI Wallet

GUI wallet for windows?? No trojan pleas! :grin: :grin:

I think this is a problem with the ZCash node (zcashd) network connection. You have zero network connections, so whether you run the GUI wallet or not, the blockchain cannot be downloaded. Please inspect your zcashd log ~/.zcash/debug.log to try to diagnose the networking problemā€¦ also see if you can reach the mainnet server, e.g. ping mainnet.z.cash

Coming with ZCash for Windows :wink: - until then the best you can do is to run ZCash on Linux and use Xming to show the GUI on Windows. As for trojans: it is open source for this reason. Before you run it, you are welcome to see for yourself what the wallet does :wink:

Ping looks fine:

Pinging mainnet.z.cash [104.236.180.231] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 104.236.180.231: bytes=32 time=204ms TTL=54
Reply from 104.236.180.231: bytes=32 time=206ms TTL=54
Reply from 104.236.180.231: bytes=32 time=209ms TTL=54
Reply from 104.236.180.231: bytes=32 time=210ms TTL=54

Ping statistics for 104.236.180.231:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 204ms, Maximum = 210ms, Average = 207ms

I am now compiling the zcashd again to see if this solves the problem.

1 Like

The latest version of the ZCash Desktop GUI Wallet: 0.30 (beta) supports viewing transactions in the block explorer (opens the respective transaction in the default browser). This is available in the popup menu via right-clickā€¦

That seemed to solve the problem!!

If i try to send cash, an Error occurres:

An unexpecter error occurred when sending cash!
Pleas ensure that the ZCaash daemon is running and
parameters are correct. You may try again laterā€¦
Error response from wallet: error: Error parsing JSON: [{ā€œadressā€: " - the Destination Adress - ",
ā€œamountā€:1.
00}]

Can anyone help me please fixing this error! Thanks!

Strange error: could you please attach a screen-shot of the values you have in the GUI form with the send buttonā€¦ before you click send. Also run the GUI wallet from a terminal and attach the last few lines of the terminal log that show the error in detailā€¦

Thatā€™s great, thanks for adding this. Iā€™m sure there are other ā€˜nice-to-haveā€™ changes you could still make, but for me that completes the basic functionality I require of a UI wallet. Easy to check, easy to transfer, easy to verify. Great stuff.

What zcash-cli command are you using to display the t-addresses with 0 balance?

zcash-cli listreceivedbyaddress 0 true

I have problem with my wallet. I have been mining solo and now i want to send cash to different adress but i cant. Please help.

This message ā€œChange 729 ā€¦ not allowedā€ does not come from the GUI wallet but from ZCash itself. When you try to spend freshly mined coins you must send the entire T balance to the Z address - not just some of it. So in your case you need to send 1.472 (exactly), not 1.4.

It appears you are mining on the test-net - if this is the intention, fine :wink:

Ok, I understand. Thanks

Iā€™ve just made my first transaction in Windows your wallet, by way of using X11 forwarding from my Linux server.

I used Mobaxterm as the client on Windows

1 Like

I have opened a separate thread for the ZCash GUI Wallet on Mac OS X - since the setup is rather experimental: ZCash Desktop GUI Wallet on MAC OS X

Hello Everyone,
Could someone please explain to me this transaction

https://explorer.zcha.in/transactions/fe750fff2c0558062fee3adab5877039171807de9057d6d8345084c0d5899392

I just sent 0.001 ZEC and I got charged 0.00989137 extra !!! Why?!

Where did my 0.00989137 ZEC go to?

check your wallet for this address t1dEJj1kGRkC4kSxosE3Pw9ynpe45MsR9No

When sending cash from a T (Transparent) address, the remaining unspent balance (in this case 0.00989137) is sent to another auto-generated T address: in this case: t1dEJj1kGRkC4kSxosE3Pw9ynpe45MsR9No. Please check that this address is a part of your wallet (GUI Wallet - Own Addresses TAB) - and that the 0.00989137 ZEC is available in your balance to spendā€¦

1 Like