Zcash Exchanges on release day

Hi All,

Been watching this project for some time and glad to see its finally coming to fruition, Congratulations to everyone on the team for their efforts. While i am disappointed there will be no ICO i can respect the founders argument as to why this was not used.

Since the optimal mining spec’s probably wont be announced prior to golive (i.e is it pointless mining with a CPU over a GPU, If its GPU is Nvidia better over AMD etc) i probably wont be setup to optimally mine on the day of release hence my question:

Will Zcash advise us common folk in advance which exchanges will be offering the coin for sale on launch day so that people like myself can set up accounts and deposit cash/btc into these exchanges in order to procure them as early as possible on launch ?

Also how will these exchanges start off without coins on launch day (if ive read correctly, there is no actual pre-mine/genesis coins, founders will be getting their cut as its mined) will the Zcash founders be providing any of the exchanges with coins to start off with ? Or will the general public have to wait for people to mine them and make them available on the exchanges ?

Thanks in advance.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Zcash Exchanges Thread