Zcash Forum Banner Contest!

Thanks everyone for the entries so far! :grin:

You have until 12pm Pacific (7pm GMT) today to submit your designs.

Don’t forget you can add multiple images in a single post so you shouldn’t need a post new post for every image.

Keep them coming and good luck!

2 Likes

This is not an entry, I didn’t have time to design it and I would have liked to donate it

IMO Before the design we should have discussed what do we want to highlight at such a premium state. You see all the banners above are very different in terms of content, and not only design.

What are people coming to the forum for? And who are those?

• General Consumers: People looking for NU updates, timelines, roadmaps, status of something specific.
  • Power-users: More technically inclined users trying to run the system that may have a question or are searching an answer.
  • Builders: People here to ask questions that are really specific to the system.
  • Any other one? Are new joiners generally coming to the forum? Not sure the kind of statistics available to Shawn to answer this.

Those are our audience. What do we want?

• (1) We want people to care about privacy.
  • (2) We want people to know and get familiar with Zcash.
  • (3) We want people’s input on how certain projects/initiatives affect them.
  • (4) We want people that are capable to get involved and help build this future with us.
  • (5) We want people to stay engaged.
  • (6) We want people to use.

On these 6 goals, possible (1) and (5) is redundant: unlikely someone make their way into the forum first, given that all other “social links” have much higher foot traffic/SEO potential. How many people visit bitcoin website vs the bitcointalk forums? Because of that, I would not put a lot of emphasis on redirecting people to other communities. At most a link to a forum post where we aggregate all these social media links.

The (6) goal is nice, but are people here in the forum without first going through the Zcash website that already has the tools being linked there? Not sure, and unlikely.

So, my “entry” would be something along the lines of (and sorry, I’m having to do this on-the-go):

I would keep things minimalist. The above using black + heavy backgrounds it seems off-brand. Look at zcash for inspiration. We can’t have the official website with a colour and the forum with another, that’s just confusing. White, orange, black, that light brown, “earthy” tones.

If any designers want to take a stab at the above and create an entry with it, I waive any claims to the reward.

4 Likes

As long as we can decide on an overall look/appearance to the banner that we like I can adjust what words/links appear in each section. I like the content strategy you laid out in your image.

I agree and disagree, the forum is a subdomain of zcashcommunity not Z.cash so it can be as different (or as similar) as we want it to be. Look at the color palette I chose for zcashcommunity.com for instance.

There is also the ability for dark theme header and light theme versions of the header which change depending on the users chosen theme.

If this contest doesn’t prove a big enough bandwidth for designs then we can always pick one and iterate from it. Or we could extend the deadline until there’s more to choose from. I’m fully open to suggestions.

3 Likes

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I think “light tones” in general and the neutral ones (black, brown, gray, white) with light accents of the “main ones” are absolute fine.

However, I think we can both agree that it would be very weird to join the Zcash forum and everything in a green colour palette :joy:

I’m biased but I like my “wanna-be-suggestion” the most :sweat_smile:

I don’t know if I still have time. But I would really like to post my participation!
I really enjoyed doing this layout, totally out of my comfort zone

6 Likes

Thanks everyone for your hard work and submissions! The deadline has now passed.

Please stay tuned to this thread, I’ll update it soon with more info and next steps :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

After reviewing the proposals and Banner plugin further I realize that my announcement post may have not emphasized enough the limits of what it can do. The background has to be a single image, and that image has to work in horizontal and vertical format.

Due to this limitation none of the proposals submitted that have multiple color sections or different images for different sections will work. This is my error and I think don’t asking all the designers to re-design their theme twice is fair with only one possible winner.

Thereby I would like to recognize the work all 7 of the entries, and the outline submitted by tloriato with 1 ZEC each.

@Minevg @dvdt3ddy @speedfox @theKroy @Hardaeborla @Anabelle001 @doloresampaio @tloriato please share a Z or U address to get your ZEC. You can post here or DM me.

I will work to make a banner with the outline @tloriato provided, keep the background very simple, and make light mode & dark mode versions.

Thanks for understanding, I apologize for the confusion.

5 Likes

u1w90twks53vvrufly3r730c02m5hx8m67tyjae0fqtufrt88g843dfl7zj67muzc9lma88av8ppajgwuv2lxkfdcswxtfrxj005ajxk4pjd9h4kg353r3phg7teturyr5uuhdde2ae8g735c9zsz2t0h9c4wqlxz82tfdhjs6rtj3u0xhk66r974n5yxpmmsx5vyj9pkz4u2uq9ax5je

1 Like

Annabelle

zs1rdj9vhqn7yrkvju52uers8tsf4fvywkcze0jecu94574kle7lnd9vp797rqm87a94zkt7uj9cr3

1 Like

I’ll still love to work with you on the banner . I can create the HTML aspect of it too

u1whtwtu70ctp4ju09n5l6haysps385efpga0ex93y9wmkn4xe5lkh5z2afsnjf8dn76cjrclrh79v3kv8z8gd7t858lafwu6333awlls6e3fmv3gst9lplgpeell75upj78q53sq3tz74pekuju2dsghv47slppagsfh0uyykh04emd3hr0zdv3cysn3yktg2rf0sn78z8phcgjnztql

1 Like

Also @shawn. I’ll work on something around the idea @tlortiao brought up

@dvdt3ddy @Anabelle001 @Hardaeborla have been sent, check your DMs for txID.

@tloriato has graciously declined the ZEC, I’ll save it for future Zcash projects.

1 Like

What do you say can I redo the banner ?

Thanks for the zec.:heart:

1 Like

If you want to have a go at it I’m not going to stop you :slightly_smiling_face:

Kroy

u17vzl88cu0ny5nwyfszne8ynqczfld9reygwsqa90n0wz4v72eg4fyzfwj3tdcrmn0vaduy6t6a5wvcasj27knk56f3e8mm85hhpcrc9te6m9ucrq2yvha5mhk4ne8ccker3jvtz332pftkem7z3ju9w8neudezwymkrng55deep932mc4tzhlldtjvhukx0yy7fhqv96tpt0gee7lnv

@Shawn

@Shawn

u1q633ad2emdyqtmgydc4qvt0pt8f8cjmlszujp5ph0w9x90jjdpgpsyve4dd7yqlrq53wd0xvhu5lkwhwqc8e0mykaepecwf25kd9m5pzl2mndsyht28yckrws9kr6q0pj72glcd642ufvlgwrr4vxv8gntxkx3xr2qx6knu6wcp4ulye

Thanks

gm @Shawn

are you saying now that you’ve got the design (or designer) sorted?

I have to work within the limitations of the plugin so with some of these designs for reference I will cobble something together that looks nice.

check DMs for txIDs @theKroy , @speedfox , @Minevg have been sent.

Only one left is @doloresampaio

3 Likes