Zcash Global Education Day, October 28th!

At today’s My First Zcash weekly meeting, a new idea was sparked! We’re going to assemble resources across the Zcash community and we need your help to make this event a success. Please join us!

The My First Zcash community project is excited to announce the inaugural Zcash Global Education Day, taking place (everywhere!) on October 28th - Zcash’s birthday! This volunteer grassroots event aims to share knowledge about Zcash worldwide, and we need your help to make it a success!

The Concept
Our plan is simple yet powerful:

1. Translate Chapter 5: Intro to Zcash from the My First Zcash workbook into multiple languages.

2. Use this translated content to deliver “Intro to Zcash” presentations in our local communities around the globe.

3. Host these free presentations simultaneously on October 28th.

The Vision

By coordinating our presentations worldwide on a single day, we can boost awareness about Zcash and introduce new people to our community. Together we can make Zcash Global Education Day a success and potentially establish it as an annual event! Let’s see what we can accomplish over the next 33 days. We can do this!

How You Can Contribute

• Translate: Help us make the content accessible. Perhaps our ambassadors can help us with translation? Please tag ambassadors to help them see this post!
  • Present: Offer to give a presentation in your local area. Are you game? Please reply to this thread!
  • Organize: Secure a free venue such as a library, bookstore, or community center for the presentation. If you have additional venue ideas, please reply to this thread!
  • Promote: Spread the word about the event in your community. Let’s create a standardized flyer that everyone can use / customize. Anyone with design skills willing to create that for us?

What are your ideas? Let’s get this conversation started! Please share this post!

17 Likes

Would you be willing to assist with translation? @AidenZ @artkor @lisa001 @Michae2xl @yoditar @Zoz @tim_ukrainian @Olek

5 Likes

Would you be willing to create and make available a gorgeous flyer that could be used worldwide (with an empty text box participants could use to write in the location/time of their event)? @ryan.taylor @decentralistdan @zerodartz

2 Likes

Hey Elise! This idea is AMAZING! Count on me. Let’s do it!

4 Likes

Hello, Elise! I’m in (Russian version).

3 Likes

Sure, I can help with Italian translations.

4 Likes

Thank you, @yoditar @artkor @Olek ! Let’s discuss the details over in Discord; I created a thread.

2 Likes

This is the master translation sheet to help us keep track of the work being accomplished. It represents all languages self-reported by the My First Zcash project volunteers. Multiple people can team up to translate, too!

Please reach out to me if you’re game to translate and indicate which language. I’ll add you to this sheet right away. My inbox is blowing up today about this initiative. It’s wonderful! Thanks so much everyone!

1 Like

Okay cool, I can translate to Igbo or Yoruba languages!!!

2 Likes

Thank you!

Good day! Near of my birthday, october 30th

MFZ is an excellet guide to teach about cryptocurrencies from scratch…

2 Likes

Hello Elise

This is a great idea. I’m interested in translating into my local Yoruba language and willing to give it all quality translation.

3 Likes

Count me in Elise. I’ll translate into Yoruba language. I have a local bookstore I can book for presentations and an audience to listen.

Let’s celebrate Zcash.

I have previously translated some ZecHub wiki guides and newsletter into Yoruba language.

1 Like

Count me in Elise. I’ll translate into Yoruba language. I have a local bookstore I can book for presentations and an audience to listen.

Let’s celebrate Zcash.

I have previously translated some ZecHub wiki guides and newsletter into Yoruba language.

I have sent you a message earlier on Discord, prior to this time.

2 Likes

Sounds great! Would you and @Cjfrankie be willing to team up and share the work?

I’m so excited about your bookstore location for the presentation! :smiley: Please share your experience with us as you begin communicating with them. We can learn from you!

1 Like

Hi Elise. I can help with Korean translations.

2 Likes

Thank you! I added you to the planning worksheet.

Hey also, could you check your DMs on Discord for a message I sent about something else. Ty!

1 Like

Hey Elise!

Sure, we can help in PT.

2 Likes

Fabulous, thank you! :pray:

1 Like

Great news everyone! We have more than 50% of translators in place now! Let’s fill in the remaining languages! :tada:

2 Likes