Zcash Meme Contest 👀

I copy-pasted the details below, but you have to submit entries via ZF Grants.

A silly contest inspired by the “Zcash Content Farm — Memetic Department” thread on the Zcash Community Forum. I can’t wait to see what y’all come up with!

Zcash Prizes

Short version: $10 worth of ZEC per winner, up to 5 winners.

ZF Grants is still on testnet, but I’ll send the mainnet ZEC equivalent of $10 USD — roughly 0.15 ZEC right now — to each creator of a top-20% entry, capped at 5 people. More entries = more winners, up to 25 entries.

Each winning meme will be highlighted on the Zcash Foundation’s Twitter account (and possibly elsewhere too).

To be eligible for a ZEC prize, you must be willing to share your legal identity with the Zcash Foundation. Further payout details can be found at the end of the RFP.

How to Enter

Make a Zcash meme! Use the amount of time and effort that you feel is appropriate. Then include the meme, or link to it, in your proposal. Edit: To get around the required minimum, enter 1 ZEC as your target amount. If you create more than one meme, please include them all in your entry! Just specify the one that you want me to judge.

One entry per ZF Grants account. (I will do my best to enforce this, but my ability to do so may be limited. Prizes will definitely go to unique individuals.)

For the purposes of this contest, a meme is a lighthearted or unserious image that is intended to be shared socially on the internet. It can include text, but that isn’t required. New memes often remix imagery or themes from previous memes, and that’s fine in this contest, as long as the Zcash flavor comes through. (Here is a simple example.) Meme innovation is also encouraged!

Entries that are disrespectful, NSFW, or otherwise inappropriate will not be considered. Feel free to consult the ZF Grants CoC for guidance, or email sonya@zfnd.org if you want to check whether a certain idea is okay. Avoid graphic scatological humor. Mild profanity (“hell,” “damn,” etc.) is acceptable, but slurs and more serious curse words are not.

Judging Criteria

How much do I, Sonya Mann, appreciate the meme? Extra credit if you feature the zeal mascot:zebra::zebra::zebra:

Schedule

The contest ends on Friday, April 12. I will announce the winner(s) within a couple of days.

Payout Details

The Zcash Foundation is a United States nonprofit, so we have to conduct KYC when giving people money. (Once ZF Grants is on mainnet, users will be able to receive ZEC pledged by other users without KYC, but still won’t be able to receive Foundation bounties or funds-matching without KYC.)

Prizes must be received at a shielded Sapling address. The Zcash Foundation recommends using ZecWallet.

One payout scenario:

• 10 entries
  • 20% of 10 = 2
  • Total payout: $20 (ZEC equivalent)

Another one:

• 23 entries
  • 20% of 23 = 4.6, round up to 5
  • Total payout: $50 (ZEC equivalent)

Last one:

• 28 entries
  • 20% of 28 = 5.6, round up to 6
  • …but that’s past the cap of 5, so the total payout is still: $50 (ZEC equivalent)

Hopefully that makes it clear.

Now go create a meme, and then submit it via ZF Grants proposal! Click on the big “Start a Proposal” button:

5 Likes

Mine are free : )

1 Like

Ok last one, keeping with the bill and ted, this is more of a Rust meme
bill-and-ted-socrates

2 Likes

9 Likes

I secretly want @ChileBob to win. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll put it on zfnd just for fun, although sonya did say ‘avoid scatological humor’ so I don’t expect to win :innocent:

…maybe I should photoshop a Bitcoin sticker on the short door. :rofl:

1 Like

bob I love you but I hate the meme you made so damn much. What an absolute disaster in branding

2 Likes

I can only apologise for my weird sense of humor…I’m a Brit, I can’t help it… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s not quiiiiiite scatological enough to be ineligible, so have at it!

Here y’go… this looks better :slight_smile:

zeal

(Edit: @sonya Happy to make one of these to announce the ‘Zcash Migration’ when thats released, just let me know what you need)

7 Likes

I can practically hear the thundering hooves!

I got bored debugging code & made a migration meme anyway… its in the Memetics Dept. :wink:

1 Like

Is there a way to post an image in a ZF Grants proposal?

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy: The Toilet one from @ChileBob ChileBob gets all my votes … Best one!!! GJ!!

2 Likes

Post it on Imgur or similar and include a link :slight_smile:

1 Like

:nail_care::zebra::star_struck: THE WINNING ZCASH MEME :star_struck::zebra::nail_care:

Does your cryptocurrency portfolio spark joy?

(The Zcash Foundation is happy to see a plethora of experiments and options in the cryptocurrency world. But the contest judge — me — couldn’t resist such a sassy, topical meme.)

More details in the Twitter thread: https://twitter.com/ZcashFoundation/status/1118252812448616448

@ChileBob, I awarded you an Official Honorable Mention™ :hugs:

4 Likes

This one is so subtle and joyful. :clap:

1 Like

I like it ! :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Question of taste. I personally don’t like advertising/memes/such-like where rival and competiting products are made worse/bad… Even not sure if it’s confirm to use the logos of these other currencies for an own meme… :mask:

1 Like

Yeah, I hesitated because of that. I hope the disclaimer allows people to take the message in a playful way… but we’ll see.