Zcash Mining equipment

You don’t need to understand the algorithm to understand the hardware. I don’t and I don’t want to. Just use Google. It is relatively easy to use. I didn’t spend a dime until I knew what I was getting into. It is really easy but it looks complicated. The best cards are AMD and you will have a hard time finding them. Next is the 1070, also hard to find. So you are really left with 1080 tis. Which for some algorithms will prove to be fantastic, and others it will be poor. Buy the cheapest computer guts possible with the exception of the PSU. Buy Platinum or better.

I started not by asking for things that were easy to find on the internet, but instead by doing. Links number 3 and 4 on the above should be really enlightening.

Also, a great resource as you are starting is whattomine.com

i know, thanks, i have been around since the beginning of zcash :wink:

Ha ha I was wondering about Mr megacrypto too. I have been around almost 4 weeks now! :smile: Happy to be in the party. Just glad that I made it just in time for the zcrash as soon as I got my computers up and running!

It appears in an attempt to sass back, he found, copied and pasted:

Then for some reason must have mixed up which thread he was in :wink: Amusingly… :wink:

That came from a TON of research.

It sure did. By someone else. :wink:

Listen mark, we are here to help. Honestly. The first 3 pages of this mining subthread are filled with people who came asking for confirmation for good builds. If you come with some definition of what you are looking for, it gives us something to work with.

When the OP replies to a post he created with “ok…smart ass…” when he solicited help from the rest of “us”, it makes me regretful I took the time to reply - three times to this thread…something about good deeds not going unpunished rings in my head…

OP: You asked for assistance with your efforts. Folks gave it to you or tried, and you express your gratitude by name calling. Instead of financial advice, here’s some life advice: Say thank you when you ask for help and get it. Goodness.

Because he was condescending. How else do you interpret that statement? SPOON FED? Like this is the absolute first place I looked with out any research? Come on man. I was looking for a little help and direction and I am being spoon fed? I apologize profusely if I mistook his meaning but he came across like I am an idiot and this is only a place for experts.

1080 Ti, the large ones with 3 fans. Asus Z270-A motherboard. i3 or i5 processor. Whatever memory brand you like. Either 2 EVGA power supplies, or one EVGA and visit ParallelMiner for a HP server PSU. PCIe risers, SSD drive, one sata cable, couple of 200 mm fans.

1 Like

That is for sure what all of the research is pointing to thank you.I was hoping to find a better way with equihash becase what to mine is pointing to that as the most profitable.

I had about $6500 to invest and this is what I did: bought $1k each of BTC/LTC/ETH (and as of today still up 300 due to LTC gains despite the others’ losses). The other $3500 (actually not quite that much) I invested in a 6 GPU 1070 rig. I’ve primarily mined ZEC but also dual mining on occasion for ETH/LBRY using claymore. My advice… do both; start with 1-2 rigs and decide how you like it, what you would improve upon, etc, before buying others, and park the rest in a distribution of several coins. Lots of buying opportunity right now (and I might kick more in soon if prices continue to drop). They WILL rise again - crypto is very volatile!

I have done that. I had $4,700 in Poloniex. Its down to $1,700 and I got a good deal on 21 grid seed orb 5 chipset miners. They are currently mining at 6.7 Mhash and a laughable .70 cents per day of lite coin LOL. But I have a Zeus miner and 2 gridseed blades in route. I had initially thought they could mine equihash…nope. So I started researching and here we are.

I wish these gridseed rigs could be modified to mine equihash. But you know what Asic stands for.