Interlocutor: PlusBit Point of Sale Company (https://plusbit.tech/)
This project will be designed for merchants to be able to accept Zcash quickly, easily, and securely. In order to further adoption of Zcash we need to make it easy for merchants to accept it as a form of payment. This system will enable them to do so. ZEC’s integration as a form of payment in this platform represents an important step forward in making ZEC becomes a more widely adopted and easily accessible cryptocurrency. Also accelerates the ZEC adoption in real life.
So far, POS systems were being built using custom hardware, making them costly and less flexible. A new trend is emerging now. Business owners have started using tablets and smart phones as their POS terminals. PlusBit POS is an app based on Android platfrom, used by merchants and vendors for processing cryptocurrency payments. Make your tablet or smart phone Point-of-Sale (POS) system with PlusBit.
Why use this instead of a mobile wallet?
One of the main reasons a merchant would use this app over the standard mobile wallet would be to have an experience they are familiar with. It has been designed to be very closely related to credit card processing machines in this respect.
The main reason however, besides ease of use and familiarity, is the fact that this terminal is not a wallet. Several factors to consider;
- PlusBit only generates the payment requests to a wallet that the merchant controls on a different machine. This means that there is no control of the coins from the POS software. This situation works especially well when you have employees that may access this machine as well.
- Keeping your private keys offline is always a bonus!
- Your wallet may need time to sync.
- Unlocking wallet in front of customers is not safe.
What are the features?
- No need to purchase hardware, convert smartphone or tablet to POS device
- PlusBit does not get any fee from TXs
- There is no monthly fee. PlusBit is a free mobile Point-of-Sale app.
- Supports multilanguages (en, es, tr, de).
- Supports 12 fiat units
- No kyc
- No registered account
- No control of the coins from the POS software
- PlusBit does not hold or store your coin ad private key. You have immediate ownership and full control of your money.
How It Works?
- Connect your business wallet address to app, which is where you’ll receive payments.
- Enter sale amounts in your local currency and have them converted to an amount in crypto. A QR code will then appear for your customer to scan using their own personal wallet.
- After your customer pays, an on-screen verification will pop up. The payment will then land in your business wallet. You can watch your balance information also.
Are there features planned beyond this release?
- Works on iOS (Q4/2019)
- Invoice history (Q4/2019)
- Invoice printing (Q1/2020)
- NFC payments (Q1/2020)
Cost estimates and funding sources
Budget: 500$ in ZEC for the whole project.
Find out more about PlusBit at our website here: https://plusbit.tech/