Zcash Promotional Song & Music Video

Title:

Zcash Promotional Song & Music Video

Applicant name:

Hanu Dixit

Pitch: A one-liner elevator pitch version of your proposal

Proposal to Create a Catchy Song/Jingle for Zcash with a Music Video.

Total Request (USD):

$34500. USD

Do you have additional team members/collaborators?

No

Have you previously received a grant from Zcash Community Grants (formerly called ZOMG) or ZF?

No

Are you seeking or have you received funding from other sources for this proposed project?

No

Applicant background:

Hanu Dixit is a self-taught Singer-Songwriter and Music Composer/Producer based out of Mumbai, India. His YouTube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/hanudixit) has over 140000 subscribers and counting to its credit. He has been the brains behind multiple viral songs and music videos with a total of more than 11 million views. In the last two years, his viral original music series ‘If…Was A Song?’ ’ where he created original songs around themes and icons from popular culture like the old Airtel jingle, Harry Potter, and The Avengers, among others, garnered him a Silver Button and attention from national and international media including The Hindu, Screenrant, Radiocity and BBC Lancashire.

Apart from his work on Youtube, he has created commissioned soundtracks for brands like Google (that are some of the most downloaded and used tracks in the Youtube Audio Library), the Indian Brand Anthem for Clash of Clans where he created both the jingle and the video for it and has worked with over 60 brands in past 5 years to provide songs and music for them.

His Original Songs are available on Spotify, JioSaavn, Apple Music, & Amazon Music, and his Youtube channel showcases his abilities not only as a music composer, but also as a filmmaker, and music video producer.

Some example links for reference:

1. If Airtel Theme Was A Song? - If Airtel Theme Was A Song? - Hanu Dixit - YouTube
  2. If Harry Potter Theme Was A Song? - If Harry Potter Theme Was A Song? - Hanu Dixit - YouTube
  3. Sahara Rains (Google) - Hanu Dixit - Sahara Rains | Original | Available In YouTube Audio Library - YouTube
  4. Clash Of Clans Indian Brand Anthem - Super Diwali ka celebration's on! (Clash of Clans) - YouTube

Description of Problem or Opportunity:

Cryptocurrency has been gaining popularity in recent times and is witnessing a remarkable expansion in its user base. However, even with its growing reach, there remains a gap between the kind of public awareness that exists, and the kind that may ideally be needed to ensure deeper and wider penetration of cryptocurrency in general, and Zcash in particular. For the masses to appreciate the kind of powerful tech and privacy solutions that Zcash offers, they need to understand both the benefits and the challenges of being a cryptocurrency user. What we need is a conversation starter, and it has been proven time and again, that nothing starts a conversation like music. To make people sit up and take notice, we first need to capture their attention in the simplest way possible. A well-composed, targeted jingle/original theme song is the easiest way to achieve this objective. Brands worldwide have been relying on impactful jingles to create a lasting and memorable brand, and generate the much-needed buzz and curiosity around their offerings. Zcash is relevant, important, and ahead of the curve in all the ways that matter. What we need is to figure out a way to capture its essence in a way that is enigmatic and memorable in the right proportions.

Proposed Solution: Describe the solution at a high level

I propose to create a jingle/original theme song for Zcash that will be hummable as it would be memorable, and most importantly, it would be composed and produced in a way that will ensure that the target audience becomes both aware and curious about Zcash. The jingle will be accompanied by a finely conceived music video that will once again focus on grabbing eyeballs as much as capturing the essence of Zcash, and its undeniable relevance for its users in the current environment. To enhance the chances of potential virality, the song will then also be made available under Creative Commons for all the community users and audience to experiment with and create their own fun videos, TikToks and reels around it, thus adding to the buzz and the conversations around Zcash.

Solution Format: What is the exact form of the final deliverable you’re creating?

1. Original Song for Zcash on my Youtube Channel with a music video (3-4 min length)

2. The audio will then be available for all for free to download and use under creative commons licenses - Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International

3. The song will also be made available on Tiktok, Instagram, and Facebook so people can create their own short videos with it.

Technical Approach: Dive into the how of your project. Describe your approaches, components, workflows, methodology, etc. Bullet points and diagrams are appreciated!

1. Writing the song with a unique hook line and Zcash in it.
  2. Arranging, recording, and producing the song.
  3. Mixing and mastering the track to industry standard.
  4. Creating a video of the song with me performing it.
  5. Distributing it on my YouTube Channel.
  6. Distributing it on other streaming platforms like Spotify & Apple Music.
  7. Distributing it on Tiktok & Insta Reels.
  8. Sharing it with the community everywhere and encouraging them to create their own videos around the song.

Dependencies: What external entities is your project dependent on? What involvement is required from ZF, ECC, and/or other external organizations? Who would have to incorporate your work in order for it to be usable?

None. The jingle including the associated video will be wholly written, composed, produced, programmed, edited, acted, directed and distributed by me and my team. There are zero external dependencies. As far as incorporation is concerned, I will be distributing the jingle to all the relevant platform under Creative Commons (Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International) to ensure they are available for other creators within and beyond the community for creative integration on their own respective platforms.

Execution risks: What obstacles do you expect? What is most likely to go wrong? Which unknown factors could jeopardize success? Who would have to incorporate your work in order for it to be usable?

There is no execution risk as I have a prior experience of over 10 years in this field and I have completed similar projects successfully.

Unintended Consequences: What are the negative ramifications if your project is successful? Consider usability, stability, privacy, integrity, availability, decentralization, interoperability, maintainability, technical debt, requisite education, etc.

Since this song will be released under Creative Commons (Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International) anyone can use it for commercial purpose in their project as long as the derivative work uses the same license.

Evaluation plan: What metrics for success will you share with the community once you’re done? In addition to quantitative metrics, what qualitative metrics will you commit to report?

I’ll be sharing the direct response and comments of my subscribers as well the response from my community. I’ll also share the general metrics like views counts and likes. Also I’ll share the videos created by other people on this Song once it’s available on Instagram and Tiktok.

Hardware/Software total budget:

$0.00 USD

Please provide justification for the total hardware/software budget:

N/A

Services total budget (cloud, hosting, etc.):

$0.00 USD

Please provide justification for the total hardware/software budget:

N/A

Compensation total budget:

$34500 USD

Please provide justification for the total compensation budget:

The budget of $ 34,500 will be spent in song writing, music composition and production, singing, live session musicians charges, mixing and mastering, studio hire charges, equipments, creating the music video, shooting, editing and color grading the video and song distribution across platforms.

Songwriting & Singing – $9000

Music Composition & Production – $7000

Studio Hire, Mixing, Mastering – $6000

Live Session Musicians & Additional Recording Artists – $2000

Video Cost (Shoot, Edit, Location & Color Grade) – $6000

Taxes (15%) - $4500

Do you require startup funding?

No

Milestone 1 - estimated completion date:

04/29/2022

Milestone 1 - USD value of payout upon completion of deliverables:

$24500 USD

Deliverable 1.1

Full Audio Track (24 bit wav audio) - It will be shared as a private SoundCloud link for the community to review.

Milestone 2 - estimated completion date:

05/07/2022

Milestone 2 - USD value of payout upon completion of deliverables:

$10000 USD

Deliverable 2.1

Music Video Published On Youtube Channel. Along with a Link to download the high quality video (1080P Full HD) & the full audio (24 bit wav audio). The audio will also be made available inside Instagram, Facebook and Tiktok natively.

Total proposed USD value of grant:

$34500 USD

How was the project timeline determined?

I have determined the timeline from my prior experience on similar projects.

How did you learn about Zcash Community Grants?

I learned about ZCG from a mutual friend of fellow community member @aiyadt

See the full proposal again here!

15 Likes

Welcome to the forum & great to see you make a proposal @HanuDixit

Disclosure - I was introduced to Hanu via a mutual friend the last week and spoke to him about Zcash and its advantages. Hanu is well known for his series what … would sound like?

5 Likes

Thank you so much @aiyadt :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve been going through some of @hanudixit’s channel and am impressed by the songwriting and production value. Also impressed by the reach and views of his content. A very interesting proposal and I’m eager to hear others weigh in.

6 Likes

Opinions are my own :slightly_smiling_face:

You’re extremely talented an artist @HanuDixit! Watched quite a couple of your videos this evening and there wasn’t a single one I didn’t enjoy, from Power Puff to Breaking Benjamin covers! My only question I guess is what genre would this song be? There’s a common trend in crypto in the sense that most crypto songs that end up becoming hits belong to specific genres: particularly hiphop/rap, house/dance, and they tend to be filled with an element of hype and overall silly/fun/funny/catchy lyrics!

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Example 4

6 Likes

+1 Lil Windex - Bitcoin Ca$h (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube

3 Likes

Ahaha yup! :joy:

4 Likes

Talking about genre, can we go full “Jai Ho!” for Zcash? :rofl: @HanuDixit

3 Likes

Surprise @zooko cameo!!!

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum @HanuDixit

I am 100% in support of this proposal.

I also want to dump some ideas here, not necessarily for this proposal, but a future one:

• Animated Music Video with @cypherpunkZero as the main character
  • If we’re to go full “Jai Ho!”, imagine Zero to replace Nicole Scherzinger :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
5 Likes

Don’t forget, Dogecoin would barely exist if it wasn’t for this tune/video Ð is for Ðogecoin - YouTube.

P.S. Funny this would come up now. Only a couple of days ago I was thinking about what a Zcash song could sound like while listening to The Wiggles- The Wonder of Wiggle Town | Kids Songs | - YouTube :joy:.

5 Likes

So a couple of takeaways and questions after watching a few videos.

Who is the target audience?

@HanuDixit? On the surface it looks like we could reach a large set of Hindi speaking viewers on your channel. Maybe we should factor this into who we think our target audience is for this content.

Music genre?

IMO the songs I like best are the ones that give me IPOP vibes (think indian KPOP). I like the mix of Hindi and English and on a quick look it seems these videos on median get more views and positive comments. Unless I’ve missed some content or other info I’d suggest this is a strength we play in to.

@David_Heisenberg have you thought about dubbing Zcash Media (in the future)?

Does this process factor in any review/feedback points?

@HanuDixit? I’m not necessarily advocating community feedback but will there be some points where lyrics/samples are seen/heard by someone in ZCG?

6 Likes

Thank you @Winfred @Angst01 :slight_smile:

• I want to keep the genre of this song in the mainstream pop/dance space with some rap/pop portion in second verse to capture the maxium audience. (eg. songs Chalie Puth - Light Switch, Dua Lipa - Levitating, Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk)

• The lyrics will be fun but also informative with keywords like ‘digital money redefined’ as the idea of crypto is still very young in India.

• I want to focus this Song around privacy and sense of freedom Zcash can give because that’s what I felt while using it. Equating Zcash to freedom as an emotion.

• The song can also be called ‘Zcash’ on all platforms as it will also be the main word for the hook line of the Song so yes maybe not full ‘Jai Ho’ but yes with an upbeat chorus that you can dance to @tokidoki

• The song will have some pop culture references and truths as well like why does Zukerberg and Government know what I’m doing right now or why I’m paying so many taxes, inflation etc.

9 Likes

@GGuy Thank you :slight_smile:

• Currently the target audience will be young adults who want to get into Crypto space in India or are already in it and want to try Zcash. The first and the most important aim of this Song will be brand awareness for Zcash.
  • yes the overall sound for the Song will be in IPop or Pop space.
  • I’ll be sharing the song as a private Soundcloud link for ZCG before releasing the song or the video anywhere.
5 Likes

Not a ZCG member but I’d vote yes. Just a couple of notes below.

@HanuDixit would you be comfortable adding an end screen link to another Zcash educational video in the music video’s end screen?

@ZcashGrants it’d be great if we could capitalise on any viewers of this video and feed them onto the Zcash Media tier 0 video (which doesn’t exist yet). @David_Heisenberg might also be able to assist in giving us details/metrix on number of viewers coming from this video and the watch through rate for these viewers.

5 Likes

I think this proposal would be an irresponsible use of ZCG funds.

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer :slightly_smiling_face:. I asked the question of genre, because, while I think you’re absolutely talented, statistically speaking, there seems to be a mismatch between your style of music (which I love!), vs. the style that would typically hit in crypto (which more often than not, is garbage).

My other concern is that for a budget of $34K, there isn’t a plan to bring this song to a wider audience promo wise, the people who would see it are limited to your audience, and it’s not clear - their willingness to adopt new technologies.

I do also think, and please note that these are all my personal opinions, that there needs to be some level of caution in terms of what ZCG is known for funding. A lot of the crypto songs produced tend to be self funded by community members, meaning they can do and say anything to express themselves artistically while promoting a given project/currency, without that becoming a liability for the project itself.

I really :heart: your work though, and I’m glad this decision isn’t mine to make!

2 Likes

A ZCG sponsored song with this kind of messaging, imho, would be problematic. :sweat_smile:

I completely understand your concern.

• My audience or subscribers will only be a springboard, but I’m seeing this idea or song beyond just one video on YouTube.
  • The fun upbeat danceable pop song part is what makes it perfect for platforms like Tiktok & Instagram which will take this idea further.
  • The song will also be able to fit any other media projects created for Zcash or videos created by other creators around Zcash or crypto when they need that perfect intro, outro or background song for their videos.
  • A mainstream radio friendly song for a brand also makes for a great PR placement as well which is another thing that can be looked into.
  • Since other songs around crypto are in hip-hop/rap space this one breaks the clutter and brings something new as well.
1 Like

Oh that Zukerberg or Government part is just 1 percent of the Song which I can always edit out but I feel these references can give it an edge.
The core messaging of the Song is still about the freedom and revolution that Zcash brings to money technology and overall the vibe is upbeat danceable fun pop Song :slight_smile:

1 Like