ZDA Summary - Q2 2020
The Zcash Developer Alliance held a kickoff meeting on Thursday April 23rd. To promote transparency and avoid inertia, Electric Coin Company will post a short summary after each quarterly ZDA meeting. This is the summary from the discussion.
|Agoric||Dean Tribble, Vanessa Pestritto, Brian Warner, Mark Miller|
|ConsenSys||Tom Borgers, Robert Drost, Joseph Chow|
|Electric Coin||Nathan Wilcox, David Campbell, Zooko Wilcox, Steven Smith, Josh Swihart, Elena Giralt|
|Bolt Labs||Ayo Akinyele, Colleen Swanson|
- ZDA Overview: Nathan covered meeting goals and Zcash milestones from the past 4 years. ZDA’s 2020 focus is shipping multiple cross-chain mechanisms. There is an opportunity now for other organizations to take on stakeholder involvement with Zcash especially post-NU4 with the advent of Major Grants.
- Member introductions: Each member, starting with ECC, gave a brief overview of their mission, product, and connection to ZDA.
- Operating principles: The expectation for ZDA is for each participating member to contribute to delivering something in support of the ZDA 2020 objectives.
- ZDA members will engage the broader Zcash developer community by sharing their projects and subsequent updates directly on the Zcash community forum. ZDA members may also participate in the Zcash Gardening Club or be featured as a guest on a monthly Zeal call. ECC will maintain the ZDA site with up-to-date information concerning roadmaps, blockers and highlights for ZDA projects.
- Overarching ZDA 2020 Objective: Bridging Zcash to other networks.
- “My hope for 2020 is that every member of the group can contribute to the interoperability of Zcash.” Nathan Wilcox
- “The goal should be to bring down the barrier to building something with Zcash.” Zaki Manian
- Next steps: ZDA members will use this forum to connect with the broader Zcash community and share their thoughts on projects and collaborations for 2020. The next ZDA meeting will take place in Q3 2020.