Zecwallet Lite: login error, update, fund search

Actions to restore the wallet are done, but there is still no result, the balance is not correct.
Can someone explain me why a month ago when I ran Zecwallet.Lite-1.1.4-win the balance was correct? What could have happened after upgrading Zecwallet.Lite-1.1.4-win to Zecwallet.Lite-1.7.8-win with my balance?
Any version, thanks in advance.

“I’d guess your fullnode is probably deprecated and in need of an update. Drop some debug.log lines if you want a better hypothesis”
Your assumptions might be relevant if I were using an old version of Zecwallet.Fullnode. But the thing is that yesterday I downloaded Zecwallet.Fullnode-1.7.6-win and got a notification on startup:
Today there were several attempts to start Zecwallet.Fullnode-1.7.6-win and all with a repeating entry.

1 Like

@BrunchTime @Shawn @Autotunafish @tokidoki given your experience, please advise further developments in finding and restoring the correct balance. Thanks in advance.

In Zecwallet Lite, did you have multiple address? If so, have you tried to generate all of the address? Go to “Receive” tab in Zecwallet Lite and, hit “New Shielded Address” and “New Transparent Address”.

Not sure what the problem with the Zecwallet Fullnode.

1 Like

Hello!
ZEC coin has a large amount of Explorer.
When launching Zecwallet Lite wallet encountered the problem of wrong balance (details
Zecwallet Lite: login error, update, fund search)
Now puzzling over how to find the missing coins and get them back into balance.
I have a question, having a transaction to send and the address of the recipient, how to know the address of the sender?

Any experience and information would be helpful. Thanks.

If it’s shielded, only you know what the address that sent it is. Shielded addresses don’t appear on the Blockchain.

Also, zcashblockexplorer.com is more accurate than zcha.in

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer and the information!
Yes, you’re right, that’s right.

Can I ask you to investigate my problem in more detail Zecwallet Lite: login error, update, fund search and give me advice and information based on your vast experience.
Thank you in advance.

Can you try restoring your seed words on @NighthawkApps and check if your transaction history syncs as expected?

1 Like

@aiyadt please get involved in this problem Zecwallet Lite: login error, update, fund search - #24 by sibnia to resolve it. Thank you.

Generated more than a dozen addresses, no result.

Yes, by the way, this topic definitely touches upon my problem. The thing is that I do not see this transaction in Zecwallet Lite, which restored with seed phrase. That’s why I wanted to know the sender’s address and see the balance at this address.

Did you use multiple addresses before? If yes, after generating those address did you Rescan?

Zcash shielded transaction is private. Only the private key holders can see the balance.

1 Like

The senders z-address would need to be sent within the memo field to you at the time of the tx for you to know it or disclosed by some other secondary means like email, it cannot be derived from the information on the blockchain. And like toki said, you couldnt see the balance anyways.

1 Like

Yes, and his transaction was to a transparent address which means there’s no memo anyway.

2 Likes

I don’t recall using more than one address. Still, I will do a -rescan.

Have you tried restoring in a different application?

If you only use on address, then I would recommend to restore your wallet in a different wallet app. On windows, there’s Ywallet.

1 Like

I’ll finish with this (is not correct) and move on to another application.
P.S. I’m getting to work on Ywallet.

1 Like

I don’t quite understand this Ywallet) Please see if I did everything right?

The process seems to be moving)

1 Like

Have you solved the issue @sibnia?

1 Like

@tokidoki thank you for your concern!
Sorry, I couldn’t wait for Ywallet to fully sync yesterday. Ywallet is back in sync today.
I will be sure to keep you posted.
If I understand correctly, the synchronization was successful, right?
The balance is still wrong.