Zeropond Cloud Mining

Disclaimer: i’m not a US person or resident

How will this exclusion be enforced? Administrative proof of residency, like some exchanges? IP block? (but what if a US resident connects to the pond through tor?)

Again, I do not understand why you’re implying my method your H/s lower. My D/7 gives you a higher H/s. Your method in this test says your H/s is 9.5/10 x 173 /175 = 0.94 H/s. By my method it would be 9.5/7 x 173 / 175 = 1.3 H/s. These numbers are the same as you got on testnet. The final N to get my 2.7 was 72, which is only 11.8% standard error. My final conversion from 1 core to 4 core was ultimately 2.74x.

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Most accurate formula for comparing Hardware

With the $30k bounty from Zcash for a GPU and CPU miner, will the price affect this? Now I am hesitant to go with your solution

Your offer looks interesting. You considered the business model? What
you applied global hashpower in the calculations?

For example, I purchase at you 5 h/s if global hashpower I have more than 2000 h/s won’t leave to pay back the investments correctly?

If the network H/s is large where you do not get many ZEC, then the $ per ZEC will be high.

yep, hash rate has almost always been an indicator of price. Beautiful part of cryptocurrency is the equilibrium :grinning:

After Monero lesson I expect this coin to be aggressively overpriced (>> mining costs) from very start. This highly depends on clean start without any controversies. Otherwise a fork will take over similarly like what happened with bytecoin->monero.

I would rather buy one hash from a GPU than one hash from a CPU because the GPU has comes in at ~1.1 sec while the CPU hash takes about ~30 sec.

I know a few people here think that it shouldn’t matter because block discovery time “follows a poisson distribution” (it actually doesn’t, the minimum time required for a CPU to finish one hash is the monkey wrench there).

GPUs have an advantage because they get to guess ~30 times before a CPU gets to guess once.

If we are paying for the same number of guesses at a block, I would pay a premium for being able to make my guesses before you get to make yours.

I guess I could have expressed that more accurately. But given that the contracts expire after a set time period rather than whenever all the hashes are completed, I figured hashes/second was implied…

1 Like

My understanding is that price is a leading indicator of hashrate, not the other way around.

That is, price increases because of good old fashioned user demand, ppl see the price increase and think “wow, I should mine this”, then the hashrate increases.

I agree. I think it can go both ways, though.

I hesitate to buy mining shares now, because what if there exists a million machines botnet ready to start mining zcash as soon as it launches? Nothing will materially change within a few months from launch, and, unlike bitcoin, there is no considerable early adopter advantage.

My biggest concern is the criminals that do business as ‘government’ - but I’m all in.

Here we go people, sale is going live.

Site update in progress.

Please check back soon.

-zeropond

All I want to do is eat dinner, but I have to wait for the update lol.

Just keep pressing refresh on the site I’m sure that will hurry it up :wink:

WTH? No US citizens? UGH!!!

Seem quite a lot of people are participating: Blockchain.com Explorer | BTC | ETH | BCH

1 Like