1.8.0-beta1 - Error invoking remote method 'doRPC_IPC'

Hello guys!

I update my Zecwallet FULL to 1.8.0-beta1 and now I can’t open my wallet.

This is errore message: "Error: Error invoking remote method ‘doRPC_IPC’: NO_CONNECTION Please make sure zcashd is running.

Can you help me please?

Thanks, Alexferro

The beta requires some extra setup

We just published beta2 (Release Zecwallet Orchard beta 2 · ZcashFoundation/zecwallet · GitHub) with several bug fixes and improvements.

Please try it out, and as always if you have issues, please feel free to file bugs.

3 Likes

I’m running zcashd manually, but Zecwallet Fullnode 1.8.0-debta2 still have same error message "Error: Error invoking remote method ‘doRPC_IPC’ NO_CONNECTION Please make sure zcashd is running.

I run all on Win10.
Thanks, alex

External zcashd connection settings can be found in the Edit - Settings menu. It shouldn’t matter but you could also try launching zcashd as a background service daemon, not sure if thatll help.

Hi,

I got this issues after updating to 1.81:
Error: Error invoking remote method ‘doRPC_IPC’: NO_CONNECTION

I am running Windows 11.

I now updated to the latest version (1.83), but still get the same error.

Any suggestion of how to fix it?

1 Like

If theres nothing you can do from the edit settings menu like described in the faq docs then I’m not sure. You could always run native in WSL2 on win10 and 11.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
I don’t have any edit settings menu in my Zecwallet:

With WSL2, you mean that I need to run this in Linux? :slight_smile:

Its an option for windows users, otherwise I’d wait for the newest non-beta release

Thanks,

I guess I will wait for the next release:)

Got same issue. v1.8.1 & v1.8.3 have this message on startup
Error invoking remote method ‘doRPC_IPC’: NO_CONNECTION

Is this a firewall/av stopping? It seems odd a released version all of sudden has no connection when I can uninstall & reinstall 1.7.8 & it works but very very very slowly.
If I need money at the moment… I be screwed.
TYIA