Anyone interested in trying a new light wallet?

Thanks!

Just to clarify a little bit so that I don’t get in trouble with the math people :P, it’s mostly about doing the heavy calculations once only. Sorry I wasn’t clear on that.

Since the video, I have added a few new interesting features:

Transparent Addresses for receiving funds

It was always possible to send to a transparent address. Now you can also receive but to be able to spend from your t-addr, you will need to move the balance to your shielded address.

There is a button for this. Just need to press it.

Snap shielded addresses

If you want a quick one time address for extra privacy, you can generate a “snap address”. Your wallet will revert to its regular address after 15s. Snap addresses don’t expire. You can still receive after the address disappears from your wallet. And if you want another one, just ask for a new snap address.
There is no storage or cpu cost to them. You could generate thousands of them, use them or not, and it won’t make any difference because they are based on diversified addresses.

2 Likes

Thank you. Can you help add support for ycash. Would be nice to be able to house both shielded chains in single mobile app.

1 Like

A lot of devices nowadays support split screen, close enough

(Just hold the :black_large_square: button)

It will depend on the popularity of the request. At this point, I am working on getting more adoption on the zcash chain.

5 Likes

I’m happy to help with that :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Support for both chains —Zcash and Ycash—in one mobile app would be fantastic. After seeing the sapling adoption chart circulating yesterday, there seems to be some serious shielded adoption going on in Ycash.

@ChileBob has experience working with both at the same time; perhaps, he could be of assistance?

The speed of this app @hanh is mind blowing. Nice work!

2 Likes

I doubt both in one app will work well, a Ycash version would be just as amazing.

It’s really damn fast, showed it to my local ZEC-friends last night & it melted faces.

1 Like

Yeah, this wallet is solid from this uneducated user’s perspective.

2 Likes

@hanh I am curious to know if you are building this by using your own zecwallet-lite-cli of sorts? But the real question there is… will it be possible to release some of the internals (eventually) as rust SDK type releases so that other folks can build other things as well?

In particular, zecwallet-lite-cli for Zcash (and YecShell for Ycash) are fantastic pieces of software for building, but the slower sync is not fun to deal with. If those had your warp sync, then more devs might hop on board using those.
Thanks again for your contributions!

1 Like

That was open-sourced since day 1.

Though I honestly don’t think availability is the issue.

According to Google play, zwallet is installed on THREE devices in total.

If you like the product, we need to get it out there.

5 Likes

Thanks for the direct link! I’ll check it out. :+1:

How do you prefer to get feedback ? Just updated & noticed some small UI things

Just post it here…

1 Like

Some feedback :-

History : The way of showing amounts is not consistent, some very small amounts are shown ‘2e-8’ while other amounts are shown to 8 decimals.

Account : The transparent address should be shown as text under its QR code but isn’t, users may need to copy/paste that into a different app.

1. Ok
  2. You need to uninstall and reinstall, or clear storage and upgrade. Since the wallet is still in prerelease, it doesn’t migrate old data and there was some schema change. Don’t forget to backup if you haven’t done so.

Thanks for testing.
Are you on the release candidate version?

1 Like

Version 1.0.4+23 - just joined the beta list :slight_smile:

Great

Latest beta (RC) is 1.0.5+26

FYI, beta versions require Google review and are usually 1 day later than internal testing (IT). If you want to join IT, DM me your gmail address.

Nuked the old version & downloaded again, fully synced & running latest beta… this is seriously fast.

EDIT: Another small UI thing…if the text shielded address is formatted as a ‘center-ellipsis’ it will fit on one line like the transparent address does, when you switch between addresses the layout will not ‘jump’ & you get a smooth transition.

2 Likes

This kinda stuff depends on the device. Very time-consuming to get optimal layout on all form factors.

1 Like

Looks like the Zwallet sync improvements are massive.
@hanh will you be pushing your improvements upstream in the librustzcash repo? GitHub - zcash/librustzcash: Rust-language assets for Zcash

@ChileBob 10hrs 15 minutes on Nighthawk and a Scan Failure is clearly not usable. And the basic Android One phone is a good test device to target & make Zcash useable on the lowest spec phones.

3 Likes