Here’s your fresh batch of updates from the land of crypto.
- In the latest blog post, ECC’s CTO Nate Wilcox explains what a Zcash proof-of-stake transition might look like.
- The Zcash Foundation is preparing for elections to the ZOMG committee and hosting a livestream next week for community members to learn more.
- ECC hosted its first live AMA (Ask Me Anything) in the Twitter Spaces on August 17. You can tune into the audio recording. Keep an eye on our events page for future events like this.
- Check out fresh products added to the Zcash swag store.
- Shout out to @hanh at Zwallet, @chilebob and other community members for providing lots of translations in the past week including Spanish, Chinese and Persian.
- Onboarding new associate DevSecOps - welcome Sasha Sullivan!
- Tekton CI threat model draft complete
- Conducted initial CI audit for new Tekton system
- Built Infrastructure to test multiple Tekton setups on different versions in parallel environments
- Discovered incompatibilities in the Poseidon hash implementation ecosystem
- Started working on a specification for Poseidon, several projects involved
- Made substantial progress on ZIP 239 preparations (5274, 5275)
- Made substantial progress on Orchard wallet support internals (5264)
- Putting the finishing touches on the Halo Security Proof for final review by Mary Maller
- Our goal is to have the proof complete prior to testnet release
- Began work on restructuring Halo 2 Gadgets into their own crates (186, 188)
- Waiting on Poseidon specification to complete
- Apple account recovery complete (Apple doesn’t like Compound Surnames)
- Research Spike - Distributing iOS SDK through Swift Package Manager
- iOS Repos cleanup, labeling, sorting, etc.
- Zcash iOS SDK: 10 issues closed, 11 updated
- iOS ECC Wallet repo:: 7 issues closed, 28 updated
- CI for Secant iOS Wallet Repo in place
In the news, SEC’s Gary Gensler says the DeFi world isn’t immune to regulation. MobileCoin has raised $66 million in venture capital to build privacy-focused payments tech. China passed a strict new privacy law to limit data collection by tech companies. And in Cuba, where many citizens have been turning to blockchain solutions, the central bank has established regulatory rules around the use of virtual assets.
Enjoy the weekend!