Janie here, stepping in for Elena to deliver your forum update this week.
Here are your Zcash updates:
- Zcash was a topic of conversation among central bankers at a Policy 4.0 event this week
- Sean Bowe shared a brief history of Halo
- You can watch Zooko’s discussion with Aztec co-founder Thomas Walton-Pocock about the power of Zcash and what the future holds
- The ECC newsletter went out. If you’re not on the list, head over to electriccoin.co to subscribe!
- Z.cash got a facelift here, here and here. We hope this helps improve the Zcash onboarding experience.
Work full-time in the Zcash ecosystem
- Responded and resolved GCP exploit on cloud infrastructure
- Fixed remaining smoke tests bugs causing random failures and removed Sprout logic
- Responded to Tekton load issue
- Completed core-file process audit / research for existing / future production environments
- Gathered metrics for end of June statistics used by growth team
Core - The team is still heads-down working on NU5
- [ZIP 213] Shielded Coinbase
- [ZIP 224] Orchard Shielded Protocol
- Merkle hash chip (link)
- Orchard commitment and nullifier integration & consensus rules (link)
- Orchard note commitment tree digests (link)
- Sinsemilla Hash gadget (link)
- Add short range check to
LookupRangeCheckConfigs for each Sinsemilla advice column (link)
- Implement Orchard commitment tree logic (link)
- [ZIP 225] Version 5 Transaction Format
- Shipped iOS update with autoshielding workflows
- Shipped new Android (1.3.0-beta16) and iOS SDKs (0.12.0-alpha.6)
- Delivered wireframes for the navigation of the new ECC Reference Wallet and UA screens
- Updated Unstoppable Android app to the latest SDK, which paves the way for better t-addr support and autoshielding
- Created LCWG project management github repo
In the news, coin prices are down, a new payments law in Ukraine considers CBDC similar to cash, the number of active bitcoin addresses are low, and watered down articles are catering to the crypto-curious middle aged.