Balance is 0.00000000

I realize there is probably a simple answer to this question. I compiled from source on Debian (Jessie), ran all tests successfully and started the mining process. It has been running for more than a week. Using the getinfo command, I get the following output. My balance shows as 0.0000… Should it be showing a balance if everything is working correctly and if not how do I transfer any mined zcash to my wallet? I seem to recall a command that is memory intensive that deals with transfers, but the link was to an outdated document. The links to the other questions are not working on my particular browser, so I am posting this as a new question. My apologies for asking the obvious.

./src/zcash-cli getinfo
{
“version” : 1000350,
“protocolversion” : 170002,
“walletversion” : 60000,
“balance” : 0.00000000,
“blocks” : 29874,
“timeoffset” : 57,
“connections” : 18,
“proxy” : “”,
“difficulty” : 970447.74422414,
“testnet” : false,
“keypoololdest” : 1480904575,
“keypoolsize” : 101,
“paytxfee” : 0.00000000,
“relayfee” : 0.00001000,
“errors” : “”
}

You haven’t mined any blocks. If you’re mining solo, you have a very small chance of ever mining a block. You’re better off joining a pool, where you get rewarded for your efforts when someone in the pool does mine a block. It’s like playing the lottery by yourself versus playing with your entire office and everyone agrees to share if someone wins.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick answer. I figured it was something of like that. I’ll recheck the documentation. I’m familiar with Bitcoin mining in pools, but new to this, so your help is greatly appreciated.

Im using flypool for a month without problems: http://zcash.flypool.org/