Best GPU for zcash

What miner and confing do you use for Nvidia cards?

Nheqminer 0.3a from ocminer or nicehash

Need to know what, that there are careless people who run untrusted software on a computer where they hold critical data and funds?

I understand your lack of sympathy, and the missing 1.3 btc in my account is good enough.

Admin need to know that some vicious people use their name, brand and trust to steal hinest and devoted people.

It was a mistake in the rush of events.

If people want to donate, here is my address :

1HrDrr9QgHMcwxupqchX8Ke7kYZECSWJA8

1 Like

3x980Tis
Nheqminer 0.3a
128sol/s

my gpus and cpu are watercooled, all at 40degC

1 Like

CPU mining stats, after first ubuntu install- WHOOHOO, PS- is this any good?

1 Like

I remember the days when ddr4 was only for X99 and sky lake was non existent

I mean, you do know there is a way of handling files you dont trust or dont know the source\origin of, right?
install Sandboxie, or run it on a virtual machine first.

Just think of it as education fees. maybe in the future you’ll have x10 more bitcoin but this time you’ll know not to run melware.

you can only learn from these things.

@zcashslacker

It’s not any good. So… here’s about what you’ll need to do:

rpcuser=zcashrpc
rpcpassword=*(insert your own here)
gen=1
equihashsolver=tromp

that equihashsolver=tromp should get you a fairly substantial increase in your hash rate. I’m still nto sure how to set the number of threads tromp is using, but I’ll let ya know when I figure that out.

I have no idea what you are talking about? Are you saying i installed a git malware? Sounds funny to say that.

After 13.53 hours

You know, my previous post was missing something for sure. That little snpippet there? That should be in the file zcash.conf : Mine is in ~/.zcash/zcash.conf

No, I don’t think you installed any malware by that route. :).

1 Like

any idea how to add that via command line? i m new to ubuntu like i said and i installed in root so cannot find via window :wink:

Sure thing.

Welcome to linux. Unlike Windows, it loves you!

okay so what you’ll want to do is open a terminal window and then do a:

cd ~/
nano ~/.zcash/zcash.conf

Then, paste into there:

rpcuser=zcashrpc
rpcpassword=*(insert your own here)
gen=1
equihashsolver=tromp
genproclimit=3

Now, you will probably want to adjust genproclimit=3 to genproclimit=#of cores / simultaneous threads. I have used 3 in the example because I have a 4 core machine and prefer to have a little computer left over after all the hashing.

1 Like

how do i see how many cores this unit has? i appreciate your willingness to share. :slight_smile:
NEVER MIND LSCPU

I was talking(replying) to fred :slight_smile:

cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep “cpu cores”

If you have 4 cores, you’ll see:

cpu cores	: 4

Rx480 8gb doing zcash mining @ 28-30 sols/s

1 Like

Thanks a mil @faddat i appreciate, here is where im at, only 1 core. Old gaming pc turned to zcash node, still, ill update the amount after a month of running or so. thanks for correcting the rudder for me :wink:

any time!

Don’t forget that one of the zcash goals was portability-- feel free to experiment with your mining setup: With enough elbow grease, even an android smartphone can make a miner!