Budget mining with one GPU

I agree with @koso16, the use of that adapter is a potential fire hazard. Powering a GPU with a sata cable is asking for the fire department to come over.

I don’t care what others have said elsewhere, myself and others here are telling you that it is something you should NOT do! It is not worth the risk to your family, or your life.

Goodluck

3 Likes

i probably won’t need it anyway but thanks.

Other than the Mobo, mem, and CPU all the rest is new. My Mobo and CPU and mem are about 4-5 years old and very discount parts too. Quality discount but they were the lowest priced. My CPU is only 2 core even :stuck_out_tongue:. Thank goodness is mostly about the GPU, eh?

As far as what has been said about powering the GPU with a SATA to 6pin, I am with @CitricAcid and @koso16. Tha card draws to much power to stabily use an adapter. I am even hesitant to use them to power just the riser but may have to for the start next month when I add another 1060.

oh nice. I’m actually looking at even older PCs and trying to get them as cheap as possible as their performance doesn’t really matter.