CoinPayments is a payment processor that currently supports Zcash. They are overhauling their service and creating a new payments platform from the ground up. They reached out for Zcash to be included and they are asking project teams to complete the integration using this documentation.
Integration on the new platform would include a hosted ZEC wallet, support for ZEC payments via ecommerce plugins, integrations, APIs and other payment methods. This integration would allow merchants to start accepting payments in ZEC when they integrate CoinPayments into their store.
- Over 60K merchants globally, directory found here.
- Processed over $10 billion in payments volume since launch in 2013
- Active in over 180 countries including all the major markets
- Prebuilt integrations and plugins for all the major ecommerce platforms
- They have a growing marketing and sales team that are actively trying to attract new merchants and users to the platform
- They average about $35k in monthly ZEC payments volume
- Approx. 5k accounts that hold ZEC
You can see the payment flow here:
My objective is to gauge whether this is something ZOMG would be interested in funding and begin the process of finding a developer to complete the integration. Given these inbound requests come up from time to time, it would be great identify a process for providing bounties on specified development work. Let me know if you have any questions or thoughts on next steps.