Crashed transaction from t-address to t-address

strong text i made following mistake: i sent 26,0 zcash from my t adress to another t address (at bitpanda). i forgot the fee and there were 0.00001ZEC transfered from my z-address and it crashed. now my zec is gone and bitpanda says the cant help me. maybe u have any idea ?
there is the transaction : https://blockchair.com/zcash/transaction/26b0cec974e63df9969ae8a15bacc09d4970bac52ce684c77ca1297694fe0db0

What is the issue exactly?

The T address you specified here:

Has the funds sitting in it. Is that your address or BitPandas?

Just because the computer may have crashed, the funds are not lost. Whoever controls the private keys to that address has the funds.

3 Likes

yeah thanks shawn! thats the address from bitpanda. but they say “we dont accept zcash from a private address and your funds are lost…we warned u.” i just wrote them again that it cant be ^^^^

So it’s BitPandas issue, not a issue with the wallet crashing.

Show them the screenshot showing that 99.999% of the funds did come from a T-address. I would argue that if they want to keep the fee that came from the shielded address, fine, but the rest came from transparent so what’s the issue with those.

It’s a ridiculous policy anyway, it’s trivial for anyone to send any amount of Zcash from a Z to a brand-new-never-been-used T address and then send to thier T address.

8 Likes

ok thank you shawn i will do that !!

btw that was the answer i received ^^

Hello Lukas,

Thank you for your feedback signal.

As my colleague has already told you, this is because we, as a third party, cannot access this transaction.
This means that we cannot restore, refund or refund your coins.

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you whether the coins actually landed on the recipient’s address, as we unfortunately have no insight into it.

I am very sorry that we cannot help you with this.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

1 Like

So they are saying that it’s not BitPandas address??

I’m confused.

The funds were successfully sent to that address, if it’s not BitPandas then who’s is it? Maybe you typed it wrong?

no its for sure bitpandas, i dont understand them. here is the proof it is their address.

In my opinion, they behave like scammers. We will need to make some noise if they are too lazy to open the blockchain, or if they just decided to cash in this way by robbing their user.

7 Likes

i already made some noise :slight_smile: i wrote the whole forum ist laughing over them. im excited for the next reply. if this is again a “scam” reply, i will give them a ultimatum, and after that they will hear from my lawyer ^^

5 Likes

The most charitable possible interpretation is that BitPanda are relying on a third party that for some reason has a technical obstacle to viewing partially shielded transactions correctly. And it’s still shitty behaviour even under that interpretation.

3 Likes

yep. where is the problem to contact the third party ? :smiley: what a support ^^

1 Like

this is their reply. :

Hello Lukas,

the problem is not due to the forgotten fee, but to the fact that you made your deposit via a “shielded transfer” from a private address.
You can also check this independently of Bitpanda in so-called blockchain explorers.

For this reason, we expressly inform our users, as can be seen in the picture that has already been sent, not to use any private Zcash transactions as a deposit.
Unfortunately, we can really no longer help you in this regard and therefore ask for your understanding.

Ask them if the balance of the address they own went up?

Is it a problem that they cannot recognize the receiver of the transaction? Is that address dedicated to your account? then all the balance that address has belongs to you. Write a twitter post tagging bitpanda, zcashers will make noise

They complain that the source of the funds is from a shielded address.

But they are not. Only the 0.01 mZEC network fee is from it.

2 Likes

whats ur opinion on my reply i want to send? :

Dear Katharina,
unfortunately I have to correct it again.
Only the fee is from a shielded address. The rest isn’t.

There are now 3 options:

1. You contact the third party and arrange for the Zcash to be credited back. (I actually see that as your support work.)
  2. You give me the contact details from the third party and I will get in touch with them.
  3. I will forward all screenshots of this matter to my legal protection.
3 Likes

very good idea with that twitter post. i will do that i the next reply is again shit. :smiley:

I will add this as a threat as the last sentence to the above draft

Good luck. This has been really unacceptable behaviour on the part of Bitpanda, in my view.

4 Likes

thank u. i sent this:

Dear Katharina,
unfortunately I have to correct it again.
Only the fee is from a shielded address. The rest is not.

There are now 3 options:

1. You contact the third party and arrange for the Zcash to be credited back. (I actually see that as your support work.)
  2. You give me the contact details from the third party and I will get in touch with them.
  3. I will forward all screenshots of this matter to my legal protection.

If after this email I get another answer that I am not satisfied with, I will also make a Twitter post about it and mark BitPanda and the Zcash community.

2 Likes

lol you just make a twitter post without a heads up.