Happy Friday! It has been a minute since our last forum update. Our team has been busy wrapping up the end of the year.
- We welcomed Nick Takacs, our new Engineering Manager, to the team!
- We’re hiring for multiple roles across the company. Take a look at our careers page for more info!
- A new blog post outlines ECC’s 3-year roadmap for Zcash.
- The initial results and takeaways of ECC’s research around Zcash Shielded Assets are now published.
- Naomi Brockwell chatted with Zooko and Edge’s Paul Puey about shielded Zcash integration and more.
- Zcash community member Zero tweeted about the Cypherpunks and why their values are more important than ever.
- Published an Android wallet release
- Misc. IT maintenance like renewing z.cash
- Initial CI maintenance patch complete
- Created/updated operator manuals for infrastructure components
- Completed the Halo 2 security proof!!!
- Working with Mary Maller for final review and sign-off
- Updated the SHA-256 example gadget to work with the new APIs
- Completed the remaining Multipoint Opening work
- Created benchmarks for the Poseidon gadget for Protocol Labs and performed minor cleanup in support
- Completed the prerequisites for adding UAs to the Zcashd wallet
- Introduced the AssignedCell struct, which is an abstraction for assigned cells
- Added Orchard Address, IncomingViewingKey, and FullViewingKey types.
- Release Android SDK Beta19 and iOS SDK 0.12.0-beta.5 with new checkpoints
- Secant iOS Wallet
- Apple certification sorted (AGAIN)
- Onboarding Screens (demo)
- Navigation Structure
- Secant Android Wallet
- Onboarding & Recovery Phrase flow in progress
- CI/CD deployment in place waiting for Prod Credentials
- Icons FPO
- What are we going to call this product?
- UA Best Practices document
- Design artifact to hand to developers and external teams
- Blog article when finalized
In the news, Facebook reversed its long-standing crypto ad ban. Yearn developer Matt West is running for congress in Oregon on a pro-crypto platform. A leaked cabinet note out of India suggests that the country’s crypto assets will be regulated by the Securities and Exchange Board of India. On a lighter note, CoinDesk ranked the “top universities for blockchain” with National University of Singapore holding the top spot.