Digimint Mining Rig Configuration

no no its sata psu to sata replicator one pcie x1 multiplicate to 3 PCIE X1

after i want to put X1 riser to X16 on 3 GPU RX 480

My problem is my mother board i have just 2 pcie X1 and 2 pcie X16
so i wanted to add one duplicator for use 3 GPU on one X1 PCIE :cold_sweat:

Again don’t use those on RX480s you might want to read up a little people have had issues burning stuff

so if i wanted to add 4 RX480 on my motherboard what i should do?? with just 2 pcie X1 free??:no_mouth:

Im talking about sata to molex adaptors and the unpowered riser. The replicator should be fine but better use powered USB risers to be safe.

ok thanks so ill don’t have enough sata power on my psu by this way i can add just 3 RX480

hum maybe ill add just 2 and build new rig…

thank you trolloniex

Use these Straight from PSU to Molex

You can add max 2

yes exactly i will add the replicator and i will put old molex PSU for powered the Pcie riser :slight_smile:
So after i can add 3 GPU on replicator :slight_smile:

JUPIIIIII

1 Like

that was exactly what i did, for fun, when the eth diff dropped shortly during august.
for some reason I couldn’t actually get the 8th card to be recognized by ubuntu so i left it after spending a day of downtime and accepted a 7 card rig instead of a potential 8 card rig.

maybe reinstalling drivers could help… well even though i probably wont do more than 7 for mining, i might try it out still, just for fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

that was my downtime, spending the day installing and uninstalling drivers… it was the weirdest thing ever… but anyhow… at least i got it to work :wink: do let me know if you get around to installing it and getting it to work… i might consider getting one more now that i know your based in china and could get it to me quicker then the last one i ordered :slight_smile:

I’ll let you know when i get a chance to try it out, thanks :slight_smile:

So 28 Cards with just 2 1400’s PSU? How do you connect all the pci riser powered risers and pci-e 8 pins?

There’s enough slots for all of the nessecary cables

Digitmint, which operating system + drivers do you use?
I am trying to connect 6 pci-e splitters/switches(3-way) for 18 amd gpus, but no way yet.
On ubuntu 14.04 + fglrx i can connect 8-9 cards (7970-280x) and on ubuntu 16.04 +amdgpu driver only 7 cards (480 8gb).

Digit,
Am excited about your rig config. Cool, initiative, want to learn, from your rig, which OS and mining software are you using to drive this setup, any special landmine and or note, to take note of? Am in a place where power is not an issue too, so am in the same bracket with you.

UPDATING the rig a little here, instead of drop down rack, upsidedown mount with one attached, cards connected via pcie splitter because apparently the normal plugging in your risers to the pcie slots on the board doesn’t work anymore :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: after a long time of frustration I gave up on making the other pcie slots work and settled for five cards on this one board running windows 10 Claymore 9.1.

1 Like

Kindly point me to any of your direct sources, I will take it up from there. Thanks bro, never got near that.

Pointless, been there done that GPU mining rigs European supplier London based Vega RX580 NVIDIA 1070 1080Ti single mining rig to farm setup (part of that thousands $$$$ spent in R&D I did)

Mobo BIOS have limitation due to PCIE resources (12 GPU max on server class motherboards that costs $100’s. Cheap mobo from $50 to $400 only allow for 7 or 8 GPU max) Remove 8 GPU limit on OpenCL driver - AMD Community
GPU drivers have limitations
Regular Windows (non Enterprise) have limitations

I have a bunch of those splitters if someone like to try for themselves http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182310350018

Have you tested what is the maximum GPU for MSI Z97 Gaming 5 ?