EWBF Dev Fee almost doubled? (1.9% to 3.6% average)

For example,

netstat -alnp | grep -i establ

You will see two established connection to pools… one to your pool in your config… the other to a random pool used by ewbf to send its share of the dev fee.

thanks. I’m on windows 10, my netstat command dosn’t recognize grep.

I am tracking through resource monitor though. Which seems super unreliable.

When I have chrome open, yesterday miner.exe reports connection to lmlicenses.wip4.adobe.com + the ip for my pool. Today instead of licensing server it reports connection to 3dns.adobe.com + pool.

But it’s funny, cuz these adobe addresses are in my hosts file. So there should be no connection to them what so ever.

If I close chrome, miner.exe only connects to the pool ip when I use --dev 0.

try netstat -a that will show you all connections the box has open.

1 Like

As it seems that Terraman didn’t support EWBF dev anymore.

And apparently he’s quite rich now (in zcash at least)…

(361519 EUR/month)
https://zcashnetwork.info/address/t1fJuHWrfcWnYMYyP9VAF96vRnvND2NziMG
Total received: 16521 ZEC (~8.2Million EUR)

You can do a MITM attack on our own rig (no scam as you do it yourself)…
thanks to this contributor (not myself):

This MITM will also help you to verify that the announced 2%fee (or custom one from --fee argument) is never respected…

Enjoy!

similarly for DSTM: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:GSOhT9f5TjUJ:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php%3Ftopic%3D2769696.0%3Bprev_next%3Dnext

No windows version? Or any idea how to run this in Windows?

no Windows version, but it should be possible to use this with Cygwin or a VirtualMachine…

(EDITED)I thought I was responding to another thread, but any how if they can find a way to reduce or eliminate fees that would be a reason for them to stop hiding the truth.

Im running dstm with this auto restart option but after a few hours like early moring it stop mining for my ADDRESS but my miner is mining for Somebody? I know this because i am not accumulating coins anymore… It reads 0 coins per hour at suprnova. My miner is hashing but for who? Happened 2 times already… Does anybody encounter this?

UniversusTech1m
I suggest you have a look at your config file.
mine is miner.cfg
There was an other address on it, in case of a connexion problem…

What wallet are you using?

I was seeing at least 10% of my results siphoned away by EWBF developer’s fees that I never agreed to. Everything works great when the miner first begins, but eventually the device fee is popping up every minute or two.

So far it appears this scam has been stopped by using the --fee 0.1 setting in my .bat file.

Isnt that 10%? Correct me please, this value seems to work on DSTM 0.5.8 but am not sure how to set it up on 0.6 version

I see this embedded in the miner.exe file:

--fee    The developer fee in percent allowed decimals for example 0, 1, 2.5, 1.5 etc.

So I think it is 0.1%. Before making this change, every screen had multiple DevFee entries, now I can’t find any as I quickly skim through the log. I also see my reported rate by the pool is much higher. I suggest you try it and let me know what you think.