EWBF's NVidia CUDA Zcash miner 1060 - 170 h/s gtx 1070 - 250 h/s

There’s no reason to drop the memory clock. I don’t know why people keep telling others to do so. Especially on non-1080 Ti cards where overclocking the memory gives a significant Sol/S boost. Crank the core up to whatever it can handle at your whichever power settings and then crank the memory up until stability becomes an issue. Then dial it back a tiny bit.

1 Like

I wouldn’t think it’s the riser nor the tabs as I tried closing all of them and there was no change

The day after this I posted, there was a blackout and when power came back I decided to spend a few mins reading
EWBF help thoroughly and configured the .cfg for the miner app. Right after all of the vga’s were working outstandingly!
That’s because I properly set the intensity to be 100% on all of the cards…but then today something failed and my sol/s dropped from 1720-1750 to 1620-1650…settings are the same
So here I am again…

My psu is a EVGA G2 1000 watts 80 plus gold and the vga’s are drawing something like 500 + watts altoghether.
I have another evga but a 1300 watts one, on the other pc which I use for general purpose and gaming with a r9 fury x…maybe I should switch? …

I read something about the memory controller load which will interfere in your hash rate if below 85 % …and I have no idea how to control that…or configure the cards in a way that such percentage won’t go below that mark. If I am correct, as Zcash uses mainly the vga’s memory to solve its algos, if the controller goes down it’s like the vga is working with 15 % less capacity than desired

1 Like

Project, after seeing your pics I wonder…what really is to consider? sol/s? or sol/s per watt? because, I’m getting something like 1700 sol with 3 1080 but of course…all of them are at 100 tdp

I also use the 385.41 driver version

hi all today i have received the GeForce GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC downloaded EWBF and cant get it normaly working thru riser card… when connected directly to mobo all is working fine but when connected thru riser it crashes the driver with EWBF giving error 30 on stock settings the miner starts mining when the card power limit is under 60% befor started when the miner already started mining i can make it up to 83 % with some core and memory OC to 2000Mhz 4200mhz. anything above will cause a driver crash same goes with stock settings or no oc but power limit above 83…already tried 5 drivers and reinstalled the OS so now i have a clean install still nothing …any help or suggestions appreciated .
btw 700 W PSU and the second gpu conected to it is R9 280x

Hey! I got x6 GeForce GTX 1070 (MSI Armor OC 8GB model) with driver version 384.94 and got ~2760 Sol/s in total → That’s about 460 Sol/s per card.

Power Limit: 75%
Temp Limit: 72C
Core Clock: +150 MHz
Mem Clock: +650 MHz
Fan Speed: Auto

I think I could push it a bit more but I’m not sure whether it will really matter in terms of Sol/s vs lifespan of the cards.

I’m happy with the results so far…

Temp: GPU0: 71C GPU1: 63C GPU2: 71C GPU3: 70C GPU4: 71C GPU5: 71C
GPU0: 469 Sol/s GPU1: 467 Sol/s GPU2: 457 Sol/s GPU3: 465 Sol/s GPU4: 440 Sol/s GPU5: 461 Sol/s
Total speed: 2759 Sol/s
±----±------------±-------------+
| GPU | Power usage | Efficiency |
| 0 | 150W | 3.13 Sol/W |
| 1 | 151W | 3.09 Sol/W |
| 2 | 143W | 3.20 Sol/W |
| 3 | 154W | 3.02 Sol/W |
| 4 | 118W | 3.73 Sol/W |
| 5 | 142W | 3.25 Sol/W |

Depends on your electricity price. But i’m not the one to talk because i haven’t done the math. In any case i wouldn’t run my 1070 cards at 100% power because of the heat and noise and versus 20% power drop i only lose about 10% of sols.

guys, if you want to mine for longer period then first decrease the power limit and then try to have the best sol/w possible. only if you pay 0.00 dollar or what ever it is you should mine at almost full power.
as I know that people have almost no clue on proper GPU ventilation, the decrease of power limit will save your GPU and the possibility to sell it later.
I could also not care about what is going to happen to your GPU, but since we are burning away a lot of electricity, at least try to do something for the environment. it is not only the electricty, but the waste your could produce only by throwing away a GPU, because you didn’t care about.
AND NEVER FORGET, if you pay something for electricty there is no point to get more coins quicker, if you then need to pay still a higher price for the electricty, thats why the “–pec” command of EWBF is there.

If you are using EthosDistro you can tune your GTX 1070 pretty easily also for mining Zcash with EWBF miner. I wrote a fairly complete howto on it here: How to Build and Run a 6 GPU mining rig for Zcash or Ethereum with Nvidia GTX 1070 — Steemit

1 Like

You could get same results and drop your power to 125w.

Guys how the sol/w on my cards

Hi Ozzy,

Mind if I ask what settings do you have for 1070?

Sure Memory :1480 , core +100

What was your power setting? And memory does need to be touched. So did you under clock the memory?

Is anyone else still getting this error?

CUDA: Device: 1 Thread exited with code: 46

Yes, I do… every now and then… has anyone found a solution?

I’m getting about 44o sols on my 1070’s but i’m running at 125 watts.

I’m getting this:

6x GPU averaging: 410 sols.

| GPU | Power usage | Efficiency |
| 0 | 108W | 3.80 Sol/W |
| 1 | 110W | 3.85 Sol/W |
| 2 | 106W | 3.83 Sol/W |
| 3 | 98W | 4.23 Sol/W |
| 4 | 104W | 3.94 Sol/W |
| 5 | 102W | 3.95 Sol/W |

Memory doesn’t seem to affect my results.

I tried one of them at 125w and it was getting 430sols but efficiency dropped to 2.9 Sol/W, so not really ideal, went back to my previous settings.

That’s the best I can do so far…:slight_smile:

Hi

I have a problem soon as i edit bat file the miner do not start

It looks like your using Simplemining OS. May I ask what are you power limits and how did you get power per card down to 97 watts etc.? I am running 6 MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X and the power on the cards in Simplemining is running around 170 watts. Up and down. I am lost and don’t know how to get the power down.

~4.2 Sol/W for GTX1070 is really nice.

you said you put core +100 and which power setting?
Best i can get is 3,8Sol/W

Rock stable for 3 days today switched to ethereum but if you really want to see i can get back to it for 12hours + with screenshot