I’ve been mining crypto for a few months without a problem. A 1 GPU system isnt really worth the inefficiency so I decided to upgrade. I got a good price on two more RX470s and a GTX1070. Here is my current functional setup:
MB: ASRock H81 Pro BTC R2.0
CPU: Intel Pentium G3260
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX470
RAM: 1 x 8gb stick of some kind
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
HD: Intel 180gb SSD
Risers: Powered – 6 x eBay (SATA connection), 2 x local vendor (Molex connection)
UPDATE: New USB 3.0 cables make no difference. New risers arriving tomorrow, and a new MB the day after. Will update if this solves it. If not, it must be a PSU problem.
I have tested each of the risers and GPUs successfully on the 16x PCIE slot and they all work. I have an HDMI cord plugged into the 16x slot (whether or not there is a riser this works). This leads me to believe that the problem has something to do with the MB and not the risers themselves. Here is what I’ve tried:
• Removing the MB battery
• Resetting CMOS (many, many times)
• Disconnecting SSD
• Using both and only one of the MB 4-pin molex power connectors
• Both Linux and Windows 10 to rule out OS problem
• In BIOS:
o Changing PCI to Gen1 from Auto
o Choosing PCIE as default instead of onboard
o Disabling IGPU
• Dummy HDMI in GPUs attached to 1x risers
• Everything is plugged into the proper spot on the PSU
• Same processes on GTX1070
• Installing several different versions of AMD drivers including the mining edition
• Is it possible that different risers of USB 3.0 cords could fix my problem?
• Do I need to jump the 1x slots?
• Anything else I haven’t tried?
The fan on the GPUs that arent recognized don’t spin, but the unit heats up.
Tl;dr my risers all work fine in the 16x PCIE but don’t work in the 1x despite the trying the bulleted suggestions and therefore cannot get more than 1 GPU recognized on my rig
Please excuse the rat’s nest of cords.
Thanks for the help
[img]//cdck-file-uploads-global.s3.dualstack.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/zcash/original/2X/1/10453b7cc0c19b976f4468d765772df2261350cd.jpg[/img] [img]//cdck-file-uploads-global.s3.dualstack.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/zcash/original/2X/2/2f0df611e968c39a170fb5951820e6fe779d42f5.jpg[/img] [img]//cdck-file-uploads-global.s3.dualstack.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/zcash/original/2X/4/43e310763c90f0670c20eb8e24f09cb131877407.jpg[/img]