(Help Please) ZCash Miner isn't stable

Hey All,

I’m new to mining, and have just built my first rig. Here are the specs:

GPU: 6x EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SC GAMING Graphics Card
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 1000 Watt Modular Power Supply/PSU
Motherboard: MSI 270 SLI Plus
Ram: 2x 4GB Corsair DDR4 4GB Value Select
CPU: Intel Core i3 6100
Risers: 6x USB 3.0 Pci-e Express 1xto16x GPU Extender Riser Card Adapter Power BTC Cable for sale online | eBay

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - Version 1793 - OS Build 15063.608 (Latest)
Driver Version: 385.41 (Latest)
BIOS Version: 7A59v17 (Latest)

My main issue is the machine won’t stable when mining with EWBF 0.3.4b. It detects all the cards as normal, but would freeze when beginning to mine. I haven’t overclocked the cards in any way with MSI After Burner, as I don’t know properly what I need to do in regards to overclocking. At first I thought it could be something to do with the PSU, but I think 1000w is enough to power 6x 6GB cards? I may be wrong and need a 1300W but I don’t know. I have taken 3 of the cards off and turned off 4GB Crypto Mining via PCI in my BIOS Settings and have made AUTO → GEN1. When I run the miner now, It keeps coming up “CUDA: Device: 0,1,2 thread excited with code: 46”. I don’t know what this means and it keeps restarting.

I am really desperate to figure this out hence why I asking the community to figure out my problem.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

TLDR - Miner keeps crashing when mining with EWBF with GPU GTX 1060 6GB - 6 Cards.

I have found that if the cards all show up in device manager but the computer is unstable, it is usually a riser. That is what I have found to be most likely. Are they all showing as normal in device manager? Might be settings are incorrect on your MoBo, but I am not familiar with that MoBo. Google will be your friend there.

They are all appearing as normal in device manager

Probably a bad riser or MoBo setting. Is it a hard lock on the computer or is EWBF just crashing?

I am going to guess it is a bad riser. Just add the cards one by one so you can know when/if you find the bad riser.

Ewbf is just crashing.

I will try that. Thank you!

report back and let us know how it goes. The risers I use, at least 1 in 10 has caused errors. Given they are only $8-10, I just throw out the bad ones and consider them to cost about 11% more than I actually buy them for.

I personally found out that, when my PC freezes after running the miner, it’s because the mb/GPUs don’t get enough power. So your 1000 W PSU might be the problem. Try running the miner with only 3 GPUs and see if it still freezes