How to install Innosilicon A9 ZMaster

Hello everyone,

I haven’t mined any cryptocurrency yet and definitely have no experience about that!
I’d like to start mining with Innosilicon A9 ZMaster or Innosilicon A9 Z mini.

I know that I need an Innosilicon A9 ZMaster + power supply+ (Antminer Power Supply). Do I also need an Antminer Power Supply when I have power supply ?

What hardware else do I need to buy or to have for mining with Innosilicon A9 ZMaster?

Can I mine with Innosilicon A9 ZMaster by a computer that works with Windows 10 ? or I need Linux ?

Can I also mine BTC with Innosilicon A9 ZMaster? How many dollars would I earn with mining BTC by Innosilicon A9 ZMaster?

Which of these devices is better for starting mining, Innosilicon A9 ZMaster or Innosilicon A9 Z mini?

I also need guiding how to install these hardwares!!! I don’t know exactly how many steps I will have to run my mining. I’m an amateur person for mining.

Please help and guide me with this issue.

Than You

Ohhh man,

from your post i see you have about 0 knowledge how things work, so this will be a hard task to help you get into mining.

First of all you should consider if mining is what you really want to do, actually my personal opinion is that POW mining (asic,gpu) is coming to it’s end and won’t be longer profitable at all, expections for sure periods if new hardware is released or a price spike up occurs, but do you really want to rely on that?

In case you still want to mine here some basic answers:

• Yes, you need a PSU, no idea for the Innosilicon as i have none, but for the Z9 mini you should have one, 1200W+ would be best to use the energy efficiency of the PSU.

• You can’t mine directly BTC with an Asic designed for another Algo. If you want to mine BTC you must look for an Asic on SHA256 and not equihash. Asics designed for equihash can only mine on equihash and the coins/tokens/projects on equihash, in this case: ZEC, ZEN, BTCP and some others.

• Your Asic will mine independent from your PC, all you do with your PC is overwatch/change/control the asic. Can be done from a laptop as well. You will need a router/switch to connect the asic to it. That’s it all over: PSU, Router/Switch/, Network cable and you are done. Have in mind that asics are loud. It’s not really something for your living or bed room :slight_smile:

• Other than that setup/install for an Asic is easy, enough you have some basic knowledge. Once familar with the steps it’s done in about 5 minutes.

• Final advice, consider buying directly coins/Zcash instead of dealing with hardware. I personally regret by now every hardware i bought in 2018 as buying directly coins would have been the better solution in my opinion.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Thank you for your great information. I really needed to know about that.

In your opinion, buying a device for mining like ANTMINER is not profitable?! I checked most of mining calculator and all of them showed it’s completely profitable, consider the price of electricity it’s still profitable!

So I need a PSU 1200W + router switch + network cable + laptop. Are those all the things that I need?

I have a question about router switch. Which router switch is more suitable for mining with Z9 mini?
I mean which brand is better? how many sockets should it have ? Also I want to add Innosilicon A9 later. Can I use the same router switch? I mean use one router switch for two devices.

Which site is better to buy these devices?

Thank you so much

Ohhh man,
you know as much as nothing. Before you start, check if you know someone in the family or friends who know about IT and which want to teach you, only after that start to buy.

That isn’t a car you buy and drive, because the driving license is needed. At least a little bit of knowledge please.
Just saying for you.

Troll is Troll

Don’t waste your time

Thanks for replies!

My friends If I ask like an amateur person about IT, I don’t wanna miss any step or anything else. I haven’t mined any cryptocurrency yet like every miner that didn’t have any information for the first time and were amateur! That’s why I’m here to ask you some information and get the basic knowledge of that.

If i were professional in mining, I wouldn’t be here to ask some basic questions!

Hey buddies, I ask you some questions, please guide me instead of …

Thank you

If you find someone willing to teach you then I have no problem with.