I cannot send ZCash payments no matter what

Hey thanks for the input. Will try it in a day or two when I get back home. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ooof. Not to be a bummer but the amount of troubleshooting and things just plainly not working and not working because they are outdated is pretty scary to see.

I decided to ask about this from the place I would have first asked for support if I was OP - Coinomiā€™s support itself:

The support rep links me to:

Maybe we should make sure we provide information like Monero does?

2 Likes

The user successfully imported their keys into a different wallet like what is suggested in that first post, this actually has to do with something else but thank you for your suggestion.

Just trying to do some deeper root-cause analysis here!

To me it seems if the guide had just included @hanh 's comment about sweeping funds, it would never have even come to this forum.

But yes it revealed several other current issues such as:

• Zecwallet Lite development is not up to date, and thus is unusable currently.
  • What works is zcashd, a full node for Zcash with only a command line interface (a complete no-go for newcomers)
  • Zcashd does not work for windows users currently (85% of desktop marketshare)
  • What actually works (as it seems to often be the case recently) is Ywallet, and Ywallet has even a guide on how to do this.

and some other quirky outtakes:

• Many people try to help (awesome!)
  • People to to give super technical advice on a forum
  • Nobody uses the discord or wants to use it
  • There are unsupported and old wallets out there from random wallet providers that have not kept up to date on latest ZEC changes.
2 Likes

Just to address a few of these things:
Zecwallet light development is behind but I believe technically still works.
I believe you are looking to compare Zecwallet fullnode to the internal zcashd wallet as they are both full node wallets. Zecwallet light is a light wallet and they work differently.
Zecwallet fullnode on windows will not work and has not for a while. Zecwallet fullnode on linux may still work, I know that it did recently at least.
Running a full node is great if you can but windows (and apple, really) is not supported and zcash-cli is otherwise difficult to use. For a Windows wallet use Ywallet in the MS app store.
The Zcash Global discord has probably the most activity of anywhere in the Zcash communities that I know of besides like here (forum) and on twitter (people wanting or not wanting to use it I canā€™t speak to! :sweat_smile:).

oh wow, had no idea this even existed. Its not linked to much is it?

I am only on the Foundation (dead) and R&D (used for a few wg) discords.

1 Like

Global is new (recently renamed from ā€˜Latamā€™). Everything Zcash Brasil, Ambassadors and Zechub DAO is there, the Zcash TG is bridged into the English general thread. ZFAV activities in the ZFAV discord. The ZF and R&D discords are a little more tech focused. The Zcash community discord is a little older but still active, miscellaneous.
There are a handful of others but they are abandoned or otherwise ghosted. I can link them if needed

I keep getting this -25 issue. My funds are locked. I tried cleared cache million time, reinstall ledger live 3 times, uninstall reinstalls appsā€¦ The weird thing is sometimes is shows a balance of 1100 ZEC, sometimes 900, sometimes 400ā€¦ depends on ledger live moodā€¦ And I have no clue to know how many ZEC I have inside!

But my issue is that I didnā€™t keep the seed so I can install a new key. Could someone help me, If someone is successful Iā€™ll reward the help with ZEC

Thank you!!

1 Like

Can you elaborate more on the -25 issue? I canā€™t find anything specific about that. Does the error message say anything else?

With Ledger Live, the transactions are scanned by the server. It seems that they havenā€™t completely updated their code for NU-5 and some of the spends are not recognized.
As a result, your balance is incorrect because it thinks you have outputs (funds) that you actually already spent.
Then when you want to make a transaction, these inputs are recognized as spent by the Zcash network, and the transaction is rejected. The error 25 stands for ā€œbad-txns-missingorspentā€.

Since you donā€™t have the seed phrase, I think you will have to wait for the Ledger/Zondax update, and hope it solves this issue.

2 Likes