ZECWallet Lite stuck, won't send

ZEC wallet lite V1.8.8 on Android 13 stuck on “Computing Transaction” won’t send. Please help!

1 Like

I think you have to import your keys to Ywallet.

1 Like

Would you mind sharing how to go about doing that?

1 Like

Download Ywallet, select Zcash, and then enter your private key or seed. I recommend turning off the internet and ensuring that you are using a safe keyboard on your mobile while entering your private key/seed or copying. Some unofficial keyboards may transmit your typing data or what you copy/paste.

1 Like

Great, thank you. I wonder what happened to Zec wallet.

1 Like

Zecwallet developer it currently not able to maintain the repo, last update for Zecwallet Lite was back in september after NU5. Zecwallet Full node has received an update since then so ZWL may yet be updated again, will keep an eye on it

Is there another wallet that I can import my funds into? That’s really kind of like to have access to that cash. I’m presently using y cash but it seems to have a difficulty importing it

If you’re funds are held in a subsequently generated address i.e. not in one of the default t,z,u addys then if it is a sapling address and you have the private key then you can simply import the private key. Otherwise if it’s in a orchard address and/or have only the seed then with Ywallet you can regain spend authority with the sub account option. This is the equivalent of creating a new address in zecwallet lite, it creates a new private key whereas normally in Ywallet that is disallowed because it adds extra computational work and allows for total restoral of funds with the single seed import. The Ywallet subcount option is the bypass on this. It’s recommended only for this specific problem of restoring and depending on how deep in the zecwallet light instance the funds are e.g. how many addresses made and which in particular holds the funds will determine how many sub accounts you need to create.

In the Ywallet account page long press the ‘+’ button and it will show you various options including sub account

my zec wallet lite is showing a server error when i try to open it. Anyone else getting this?

Apparently Zec wallet light is no longer supported. I had to switch over to y cash wallet, and import my zcash into it, and then I was able to transfer it off of the phone that I was trying to remove it from.

1 Like

Thanks! i tried to run a full node and

1. microsoft defender flags it as an unrecognized app. this seems like a bigger issue than it needs to be. why not get it approved?

2. just says “loading…” it’s been around 15-20 min. does it work? something to let the user know where they are in the process so they don’t feel lost would help. and if it’s not working let user know “loading failed”

overall user experience is not great. i don’t like the idea of using another coins app such as Y cash.

You could potentially switch the node server and see if you get better results. Zecwallet full node initial download will take many days and store >230 GB and growing on your disc as the blockchain data. There is no progress indicator but as stated you can tail the debug.log file to see roundabout where its at.

I’m having a similar issue with Zec wallet lite. My funds are in the 5th or 6th addy I created but I don’t have access to them or the app given server issues. I downloaded YWallet, used the seed from Zec wallet lite, it’s fully synced and not showing the funds. Is there a way to access the funds in the wallet addresses I created? Thank you

This describes how to import a backup created from zecwallet light using the cli version.
Your subsequently generated addresses are a sub-account which is covered here and what the batch restore will implement.

1 Like

The zec wallet cli version has an option to set the server. So you can actually turn the wallet on and it will begin syncing with all of those preexisting accounts.

The same question came up very recently. I had issues starting the wallet with the no sync flag but setting the server flag worked just dandy. You can then execute the command to export the back up, put that into an appropriately named file (wallet.zwl I think it says) and then perform the batch restore in Ywallet.
You could also sync this wallet fully and then just send your funds out to a new address. If you have problems with the batch restore method or sub account generation, then you can consider it an option.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply. I’m having issues with the no sync command. Cmd mentions it’s not recognized as internal or external cmd, operable program or batch file. Did you set the server flag on the app without cmd prompt?

Still working at it. Unable to get the interactive prompt to launch. Really appreciate your time and patience.

If you do not have your seed phrase or private keys and are having trouble following the step-by-step to restore the wallet.zlw file in YWallet, you can try changing the ZecWallet Lite 1.8.8 server URL from the settings.json file located in the ZecWallet Lite folder.

The first thing to do is to upgrade ZecWallet Lite to version 1.8.8.

Then you should find the ZecWallet Lite folder which is hidden in the following paths:

Mac: <>/Library/Application Support/Zecwallet Lite.

Linux: ~/.config/Zecwallet Lite

Windows: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Zecwallet Lite

Remember to enable the option to display hidden content.

In the ZecWallet Lite folder you will get the settings.json file, open it and edit the server URL, you can also copy and paste it in case the file is empty:

{"all":{"lwd":{"serveruri":"https://lwd1.zcash-infra.com:9067"}}}

You save the changes and open ZecWallet Lite, the wallet will start synchronizing and you will be able to save the seed phrase, private keys of addresses, etc.

Although by changing the server you will be able to perform transactions, it is not recommended as ZecWallet Lite handles a very low fee and transactions may not be validated.

2 Likes

You can just pass the --server flag without the no sync and it should start. The link to the other post on this forum is the specific commands to run pointed at a functional server. From https://forum.zcashcommunity.com/t/zecwallet-lite-cannot-restore-on-ywallet/45913/2

./target/release/zecwallet-cli --server https://lwd4.zcash-infra.com:9067

The --server flag will override anything you have in a config file so you don’t have to mess with that.