Integrating BloodFuse on Zcash

Good day all, we are working on a web3 blood donation platform that will connect blood donors to the nearest blood banks and hospitals that are in need of blood. Also, members of the Zcash community can also leverage on BloodFuse to save the lives of themselves and their loved ones when they are in need of blood. More details are in the grant application, therefore I would want you to go through the grant application via the link below and make your comment. Thank you

1 Like

Hello, please do go through the above grant application and drop your comments. Thank you

Hi @ogasky. Thank you for submitting your grant proposal! We will review it in the upcoming weeks and reach out if we have any questions.

If you have any questions for us, you can post them to this thread or DM us at @ZcashGrants.

Thanks!

@aquietinvestor duly acknowledged and thank you.

Hi @ogasky! - First of all, thank you for submitting a proposal to our community. It sounds like you are pursuing a noble cause. The committee met last Friday and had some questions about the technical details of your proposal.

In your proposal you state “The crypto payment to be accepted is STXs and we are integrating BTCPay API. However we want users on BloodFuse to have the option of making their transactions either to be Private or Public, thus the need to integrate Zcashd-wallet-tool.”

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by this? You mention BTCPay, but are you aware that work was recently done to develop a Zcash integration for BTCPay server? Is this something that you could leverage to support Zcash via your site? If not, can you please provide more technical details regarding what’s required to integrate Zcash into BloodFuse?

Additionally, are the hours you have quoted specifically for the design, development, testing, and deployment of Zcash integration on your site? Or is this funding request meant to support the design, development, testing, and deployment for the entirety of the site?

@wobbzz Thank you for these questions raised and I want to state here clearly that Zcash (ZEC) will also be part of the approved crypto payment to be accepted on BloodFuse as stated in the last sentence of the project description as highlighted below.

STX is currently an approved crypto payment on BloodFuse, because the Stacks Foundation supported BloodFuse with 35,000 USD in STX for the initial phase of the BloodFuse Project. Also, our intention for the BTCPay API integration is to incorporate BitCoin (BTC) payment on BloodFuse. However our dev team will look into leveraging on the latest integration of Zcash on BTCPay server, of which we just discovered now, as well as other possible means of integrating Zcash as crypto payment on BloodFuse. It is key to note here that users of BloodFuse will be able to create Zcash wallets and Zcash (ZEC) will be by default an approved crypto for payment transactions and reimbursement on the BloodFuse platform.

What was quoted as regard redesign, development, testing, and deployment was specifically for the Zcash integration on BloodFuse. This is because time and expertise are duly required for the modification of BloodFuse to allow in for all Zcash related operations. Thank you.

Proposed Solution: Describe the solution at a high level.

## Also, the usage of Zcashd wallet will add value to the Zcash community, in addition to the fact that transactions can be done on BloodFuse using ZEC and users will then be holders of ZEC.

@ogasky, thank you for your submission. After consideration from @ZcashGrants, the committee has decided to reject this proposal.

The Committee stated that it’s an interesting use case but the application was lacking technical detail on the actual implementation and that the cost was too high for a non-Zcash specific project.

I hope you stay an active member of the Zcash community going forward both here on the forum and the below avenues as well.

I have a question to ask, are people like us really needed to develop project here?. cos am of the opinion that the decision is of a biased one. Technically, I don’t think our implementation lack merit on this project, but I hope and want to believe that judgement here is not on a sentimental approach. Thank you.

Hello Onose, Thanks for your efforts related to your grant application. The ZCG discussed this proposal in our bi-weekly meetings held this week and the meeting notes /with decision making factors will be posted in a week or two.

@aiyadt I will like to have the email address or other contacts to send any of my proposed Zcash projects for initial discussion before applying, so as to know the exact necessary requirement for Zcash projects to scale through, this is very necessary as I am beginning to feel that approved projects here are for certain persons, thus making the judgmental process unfair. Therefore if my proposed idea is discussed before I applied, it will help save me time and make the entire application seamless for me. Thank you