Lawsuit Claims Bitmain Mine Coins Using Customer Devices

Key points appear to be 29-32:

One lawyers opinion:

I have readed that some days ago and wondered a bit about it.

One thing that for sure is true is point 32, that’s what i encounter as well. Means, when you use the asic unig for the first time or reset it due some malfunction completly to factory settings you have 3 bitmain mining pools setuped where the unit is mining UNTIL you change this.

For me personally this was never a problem for 3 reasons:
1.) Once you put the asic miner on the first time (or after reset) you have to do is anyway the network settings and restart the miner.
2.) After this you immediatly see if the miner, hashboards and chips are working as, like mentioned in point 32, the miner allready begun to mine on Antpool for Bitmain. The next step in the setup process is than to replace the default factory mining pools with your own stratum links and settings.
3.) Most of my asics have a problem if there is no defined mining pool and/or death pool given. This, for some reason, seem cause problems with asics and they get stuck, often needed to be reset/restarted again when this happens.

The 2 process needed to setup the asic take about (up to the asic) btw. ~5-15 minutes in which the asic unit mines on Antpool for Bitmain. I personally never saw a problem here as i anyway can’t mine for myself until i have gone through the setupp process.

Point 29 with the initialization process taking hours or even days is absolutly nonsens in my opinion.

Just writting and commenting this on my own experience, neither defending nor accusing bitmain of anything here.