NVIDIA GTX 1080 ti GPUs

You can easily check them from the screenshot I posted.

I just use a rack’s fan as a cooling helper and, with fans at 80%, it stays about 60ºC± in a basement.

Thank’s for reply, each of your gpu make 640sol/s(avg/ea) but @Sv4nstaygeR make about 722.5sol/s(avg/ea) the difference is significant so i decide to ask :slight_smile:

Facepalm. Now I see you weren’t asking it to me hahahha, sorry!

Sorry guys im on vacation now so i haven’t check this post for a week. I will share my oc settings tomorrow :wink:

Try +600 on memory. It will boost your hash rate. Note:+600 in MSI afterburner is +1200.

Thanks for the tip! I was searching for efficiency but I don’t want to toast the GPUs! That sounds quite high lol

Thank You very much!!! Zcash is mined very well with Nvidia cards and GTX 1080Ti will work great. But they are expensive for me though.
But how about building 8GPU Zcash Rig with 1080Ti??
I saw a similar article here - https://www.coinsuggest.com/most-profitable-zcash-mining-rig-build/

With the current RoI you are better off buying ZEC. Resell value is high, not until you consider the fees that de with reselling your GPU.

I Found a very accurate article on steemit, wanted to share with ya’ll since I would have love to have this info before building my rig: https://steemit.com/howto/@cryptoloco/nvidia-gtx-1080-ti-hashrates-per-model-list-plus-all-you-need-to-know-before-building-an-nvidia-mining-rig

I have 5 1080 ti GPU Rig as well, you should be doing closer to 3400, I run mine 115 for the ASUS, 125 for the PNY Founders and 145 for the MSI Seahawk X, at 76% TDP for mem I use 375, 400, 600 respectably.

try going to 85% TDP 115 Core and 375 Memory, Please let me know if you improve, this is the lowest OC for the worst cards I Have, Better cards Go to up to 150 core and 700 memory stable.

And the Memory OC does increase Hashrate considerably.

You not need OC memory if you mining ZCash only Core clock TDP 85% Core + 180 for PNY FE and test 24H :stuck_out_tongue:

I made some changes to the script so that if there is no error.txt content, it does not try to send email. See below:

# make sure to use these flags in the bat file: --eexit 3 --log 1 --logfile error.txt
while($true) {
  $batpath = "C:\Users\username\path\to\batfile.bat"
  # get mining process
  $mining = Get-Process miner -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
  # check to see if the process exists
  if (!$mining) {
    # start the process
    Start-Process $batpath
    # give it time to startup
    Sleep 5
    $didrestart = Get-Process miner -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    if ($didrestart) {
      $message = "ZecBot - Restarted miner."
    } else {
      $message = "ZecBot - Unable to restart miner."
    }
    Write-Host $message
    # email
    $body = Get-Content -Path C:\Users\username\path\to\error.txt -Raw
    #if there's no error, no reason to email...just continue
	if (-not ([string]::IsNullOrEmpty($body))) {
		$pwd = ConvertTo-SecureString 'yourGmailAppPassword' -AsPlainText -Force
		$cred = New-Object System.Management.Automation.PSCredential yourmail@gmail.com,$pwd
		$param = @{
		  SmtpServer = 'smtp.gmail.com'
		  Port = 587
		  UseSsl = $true
		  Credential  = $cred
		  From = 'yourmail@gmail.com'
		  To = 'yourmail@gmail.com'
		  Subject = $message
		  Body = $body
		}
		Send-MailMessage @param
	}
  } else {
    Write-Host "mining"
  }
  # wait 5 mins, change this as desired
  Sleep 30
}

Even better. This one accounts for your first time through. Emails an attachment of the error file and allows you to set you miner worker name as part of the email.

I know flypool has a feature that tells you your miner is down, but this is immediate and will auto restart it for you!

# this is the name of your miner
$miner = "your miner name here"

# this is to tell the script this is the first time through
$firstTime = $true
# make sure to use these flags in the bat file: --eexit 3 --log 1 --logfile error.txt
while($true) 
{
  $batpath = "path/to/bat/file/here"
  # get mining process
  # check to see if the process exists
  if ($firstTime) 
  {
	# start the process
    Start-Process $batpath
    Sleep 5
	# get mining process
	#set first time to false
	$firstTime = $false
  }
  if (!$mining) 
  {
    # email
	$SMTPServer = "smtp.gmail.com"
	$SMTPPort = "587"
	$Username = "youremail@gmail.com"
	$Password = "gmailpassword"

$to = "youremail@gmail.com"
	$subject = $miner + " was restarted...error attached"
	$body = $miner  + " was restarted for the reasons outlined in the attachment.  Please check the attachment for details."
	$attachment = "path/to/error.txt"

$message = New-Object System.Net.Mail.MailMessage
	$message.subject = $subject
	$message.body = $body
	$message.to.add($to)
	$message.from = $username
	$message.attachments.add($attachment)

$smtp = New-Object System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient($SMTPServer, $SMTPPort);
	$smtp.EnableSSL = $true
	$smtp.Credentials = New-Object System.Net.NetworkCredential($Username, $Password);
	$smtp.send($message)
	write-host "Mail Sent"

# start the process
    Start-Process $batpath
    Sleep 5
    $didrestart = Get-Process miner -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    if ($didrestart) 
	{
      $message = "ZecBot - Restarted miner."
    } 
	else 
	{
      $message = "ZecBot - Unable to restart miner."
    }
    Write-Host $message

} 
  else 
  {
    Write-Host "mining"
  }
  # wait 5 mins, change this as desired
  Sleep 30
}

Many many thanks for the interest and the tips. I actually managed to reach up to 3440Sols/s and without even reaching 1kW :smiley:

It’s just me or has the ZEC mining difficulty got rised? :frowning:

memory clock overclocking :man_facepalming:

Nice addition, thanks!

I’ve since moved to Linux to get support for more than 8 nvidia cards. The new version of this script, either in Python or PHP will do real-time checking for nvidia-smi temp values and will adjust power/oc to maximize either Sol/s or Sol/w depending on mode.

I hope to have this up soon.

Zec difficulty will continue to rise for the next ~10 years, IMO :slight_smile:

Lol that’s obvious hahah, I meant I noticed thar even after rising my sols/S, looks like I’m producing same ZEC/month

What’s wrong with OC memory? As memory clock increases the data output from the VRAM increases. I guess the result of OC memory depends on how datas area read from VRAM, and how data are processed. If the architecture of the GPU is limited by the VRAM bandwidth, then increasing the memory core clock do increases the processing power of the GPU.

Since increasing memory clock do increase the ZEC hashrate. I can only conclude that memory OC does help.

If I’m wrong, please do enlighten me.

I haven’t seen significant increases by increasing memory alone. I think there is a ratio of core/memory overclock that is optimal. Not sure what that is.