Predict where ZEC will stabilize

We can hope they do :slight_smile:

I think and hope thatā€™s true. I can sustain mining for 6-8 month without getting a profit. So for me at least, the best thing that can happen is starting low in zec price for around 6-8 months.
I donā€™t want to trust on speculative pricing. But unfortunately actual value can only be discovered only when the currency is in use and adopted in at least some part of the market.

1 Like

Ok, lets play.

I say that 1 ZEC is going have a value of approximately 5x ETH price. Both chains share hardware, not like Bitcoin, so they are going to have similar price depending on the coins supply per day (at the moment). Otherwise miner are going to move to one chain or another depending on the profitability until the stability is reached. Limited supply on Zcash may affect, but later.

1 Like

I make 15$ a day mining zec and would only make 8$ a day mining ETH with the same hardware. The interesting thing about ZEC, for me, is that it uses a lot less power on my rigs hence bigger profit. If ZEC drops to less than a hundred$, I might consider going back to ETH but Iā€™ll hold on to some of my mined ZEC because I think it will rise again.

Look at the history of most of the major coins, be it BTC or ETH, they all had flat periods, down trends, crashes etc. but ultimately, they tend to grow in value. ZEC has a lot to offer imo and if it goes back to say 0.4 or 0.5 BTC then Iā€™m more than fine with that.

Whats the point mining unless your making at least 15 bucks a day ?

I was making like 4 ā€¦ so i stopped :frowning:

My day job pays too muxh for me to focus on mining

Interesting may I know what is your hardware? Today make $15/day mining zec is pretty good.

I have 3 rigs:

• 4x RX470 8Gb hashing at 263S/s
  • 4x RX470 4Gb hashing at 240S/s
  • 2x 390X 8Gb hashing at 120S/s

All my rigs are undervolted hard (especially the 470s) so @ wall, Iā€™m at 1168W. I mine between 0.1 and 0.12 ZECs a day which at the current rate (~150$/ZEC) is between 15-18$. Power cost is 6.44$ a day. With ETH, Iā€™d mine 1.24ETH a day (I wouldnā€™t be using the 390Xs, too power hungry) which at current rate is barely 11-12$.

I think people are buying way too hard in the ā€œZEC will failā€ trend. This coin is only what, 3 weeks old now. Itā€™s going to go down further, probably, but it has quite a few things to offer. So mining and selling immediately makes no sense to me. Iā€™ll probably convert some of what I mine to btc, even at the current rate, to cover my power costs, but Iā€™ll hold on to the rest and see whatā€™s what. Iā€™m no super expert when it comes to altcoins, but history shows that most of the well known ones have at some point taken of to great heights!

2 Likes

ZEC should be worth less than Monero since Monero has actual user adoption (DNM).

2 Likes

Are you sure that your math is right?
I got almost exactly the same numbers on ZEC vs ETH.
I split my rigs in half (roughly).
I think that you calculated zec for 3 rigs, but eth for 2 only, am I correct?

What miner are you using? Judging from your 390 figures you can do better. I have a 390 in one of my rigs doing 95 sol/s.
Iā€™m using Ethos (linux based mining platform) which recently added the latest silent army miner. So maybe look into a better miner?

Yes, Iā€™m calculating ETH for 2 rigs only (my 470 rigs), the 390s use way to much power. I was actually going to sell them when ZEC came out!

Actually, my 390s can do about 200S/s, but since my electricity cost is 0.23cts/kw where I am, I undervolted them. They are not stable at all with claymore v4 and -i setting at 2. I left them at standard intensity hence why they do only 120S/s. I havenā€™t had time to do some bios modding on them to render them stable at ~200 :wink:

I used to mine on ubuntu linux, but their AMD PRO GPU driver is a piece of shit with the newer Polaris cards so I switched back to Windows, less hassle. That said, I think EthOS is kind of a ripoff no? Youā€™re basically paying for a linux distro. You could probably mine on linux completely for free (if you have a bit of linux knowledge XP :-p)

With 0.23ct/kWh ā€¦ probably german :wink:

You try the Silentarmy v5 on Ubuntu? It consumes less power than claymore and produce more sol/s

In my case, on a R9 380x with a HP Microserver (my Testsystem):
Win 7 Claymore 44sol/s @160Wh
Ubuntu 16.04 Silentarmy v5 47 sol/s @ 150 Wh

Both with the newest AMD driver.

Yeah power prices suck in germany. Moved to Norway a while ago. Here I pay about 0.10 ā‚¬ per KW/h. I burn through 20.000 to 25.000 KW/h each year. Heating with electricity!

So those 2kw (predicting if I get them running) more for my rigs does not hurt. :slight_smile:

Nope, Switzerland xD

I havenā€™t tried no, but I saw itā€™s pretty fast indeed. I might give it a shot when and if I have a bit of time (family man hereā€¦)

So have AMD updated their drivers then? Because honestly, when I was mining ETH on Ubuntu it was horrible :expressionless:

Man I wish I was paying 0.10ā‚¬ per kW ^^

Only good thing I have going, is that I have installed 20x 300W solar panels on the roof, still waiting for them to be put into production though

1 Like

Yeah the price is as low as it can get with pure green power. No fossil or atom power here. Solar nether, not enough sun hours here. :smiley:

But the ZEC price is dumping right now. I donā€™t know. I like that currency, but when it becomes less profitable than eth I will switch again.

Like most people :slight_smile:
I didnā€™t get into mining to get rich but to cover the electricity costs of my house as a whole. ZEC was looking very good this way. Itā€™s crashing right now indeed, but it has crashed like this before and then went up back in the 230->300$ range. Time will tellā€¦

I live in Australia and electricity is very expensive here too. Iā€™m paying equivalent of US$0.17/kW.

Iā€™m happy to pay for Ethos because I had a lot of hassles trying to mine ETH in Windows. I started out in about April this year so I guess WIndows drivers, etc may be better now but my original approval of Ethos was based on stability. Maybe if I had lots of rigs I would get annoyed at paying for each one but I have only 2. My Linux knowledge is pretty basic really. I use Mint on an old laptop but whenever there is the need to compile from source myself I always seem to run into problems. I could probably manage to get a linux mining rig up myself but I guess Iā€™m paying for the convenience of someone else doing it for me!

I like Ethos because it ā€œjust worksā€ and I donā€™t have to tweak it. I use their IRC channel for any problems and they seem to be keeping up with developments - like the silent army ZEC miner for example.

Itā€™ll probably stabilize to be as profitable as ETH to mine.

even if zec will become widespreaded it will go below eth price, because big gpu mining farm will mine what is most profitable, but when they change they rigs for eth still zec will be best choice for cpu ā€¦

1 Like