Price Speculation

Yeah so that’s clear that you predict both Zcash and BTC to go up by the end of the year and which one would you say is better investment if I want to grow my capital as much as possible and get out around november-december latest?

I guess Zcash is will grow your capital more by % due to lower available supply. but I’d say Zcash is a bit more risky.

Also bitcoin could still be a risky buisness with Segwit2x coming up, but then again it could also have a positive effect if this will solve all the scaling issues before implementation of 2mb blocks.

That’s what I predict say with my limited insight!

1 Like

preface my opinion with this: as an investor i’m much better at long term forecasting over daily movements… that being said, believe BTC’s trading at the mid/high point in my range; whilst ZEC is still in an accumulation cycle on the lower end of my range. imho, you’ll see greater percentage movement with ZEC… but ZEC will remain “tied” to BTC throughout 2017… 2018 things will get interesting. i’ll share my thoughts when the time’s right!

Market testing to see who has strong hands and trully believe in the tech. I believe it will fall even more 0.06 may be the floor

Any speculation what Zcash price is going to be doing for next two weeks?

1 Like

IDK. If Zcash team is able to resolve Poloniex issues soon, then I expect Zcash to climb up, other price will crash. The way the team is handling it is not good at all.

Update - team has issued official statement

1 Like

I have eventually bought BTC for the short term but u guys must have heard about this buzz what’s going to happen with BTC on August 1.

I will try to sell it until that, see how the market reacts until mid august and get in on it again.

Reason why I went with btc cause this retarded american kranken refused to get my account verified for 5th time with bitstamp it went smoothly.

1 Like

let me make sure i understand you correctly…
you wanted to buy ZEC, but went with BTC because exchange issues (in a way) forced you to buy BTC?

if i understand you correctly, this is an unacceptable problem, and you wouldn’t be the first person to tell me this.

2 Likes

You bet, why where will you buy it, on localbitcoins from lowlife criminals who ripp you off the first chance they get or on certified exchanges where you might pay couple of % commission but you stay safe.

1 Like

I got verified for tier 3 on the first try at Kraken and Bitfinex. I’m not sure but I think it might be because I am a EU citizen, and regulations are less strict as I can recall.

Bitfinex took about 5 days, and Kraken about a Month.

I Like kraken because of the EUR/ZEC pair, and EUR withdrawals within EU cost next to nothing

2 Likes

The last price support was around 230 to 240? Hopefully it’s gonna stay around there for now and shoot up after that. There’s no way it’ll go back to the 90s…can it?

1 Like

Hang tight … Price targets haven’t changed. We only hit $90s under catastrophic failure…

1 Like

this irritates me in so many levels… because i’m thinking it’s wide spread… people cannot buy ZEC… this is a terrible problem, and I’m not sure the community knows how bad it is!!! thanks for sharing, because this needs to fixed immediately

2 Likes

You can buy / sell ZEC on poloniex and most other exchanges. The difference is you can’t deposit / withdraw it.

1 Like

people that have decided to move into the market specifically for zcash; that i personally know (large money) cannot buy ZEC. don’t like cross pollinating my accounts, but thinking about dumping some of my twitter @/mentions in here so people can grasp the magnitude of this problem… side note: there’s a ton of pent-up demand for zcash …once this stuff gets ironed-out - mewn

1 Like

I still think price will continue going down for a few months, too many people joined late. Whales don’t have mercy and the best way for them to increase their stack is to buy cheap coins from desperate noobs.

2 Likes

that’s how it usually works, but in this specific case; USD is sidelined because kraken is the only reputable exchange for USD-ZEC. large money does not want to put their loot on bitrex, or polo.

1 Like

I agree, buying ZEC (and all crypto, really) for a normal person is a huge problem right now. Kraken verification takes longer, then wait times for wire transfers.

I’d love to get in at the current price but who knows what the price will be once I’m actually able to purchase. And if these wallet issues people are complaining about don’t get fixed right away, I think we’re gonna see a continued fall in price.

Getting hands on crypto is a huge bottleneck right now.

But we’re still early days of crypto I feel. This is like the internet was in 2006. It’s popular+widespread, sure, but it’s not 2016 popular/widespread.

I think blockchain is going to change the way the world economy works. So if you’re in it for the long-haul, just buy and forget for 10 years.

2 Likes

Regardless of the long haul or not, I think there should be a fix with what is happening right now. There so far is not clear explanation about why Polo and Bittrex have disabled ZEC wallet withdrawal and deposits. I think once this issue is fixed will we then see a huge jump in price.

1 Like

agree, i’ve been doing this for a minute, so, sometimes i forget that it’s not easy to first enter… but, these exchanges aren’t improving; seem to be moving in the opposite direction. also, agree, i do consider today’s investors “early adopters”… the exchanges tho SMH

1 Like