Price Speculation

I’ve actually built a business around this so I can deduct expenses for mining. Problem is I can’t get a bank account to deposit the funds into.

Which country? On my expenses, I can’t get tax back, because I don’t pay taxes for BTC. It’s not legal neither illegal @garcher

I’m in the US. All proceeds are considered income by the IRS. The problem is the banks don’t want us in their territory.

I’m from Mexico and I was thinking in opening an account on IBC Bank so I can use coinbase. But maybe will be a bad idea.

Gemini. They are as close to a bank as you’ll find. Exchange to eth and sell.

Mining conversation was moved to Mining Speculation/Strategy

Please keep threads on topic. :wink:

5 Likes

is zcash popular in korea/china/japan?

I see we are on track to rise back above $500 by the end of the month.

ZCash is SUPER popular in Korea.

2 Likes

super boring watching price trying to break through the 460 area .

especially when you know there is much more important area to break around 490 .

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Anyone knows the weiss rating for Zcash?

C (fair),tied with Monero. Highest rating achieved was a B (ETH and a couple others; a few B- as well). I haven’t seen the detailed breakdown posted yet (obviously all of this is behind a paywall of $468 :sweat_smile:).

1 Like

There is an imgur link floating around on reddit that contains the full ratings.

Save your time though, most things are C and I’d be embarrassed to present this “research” let alone charge for it.

2 Likes

I should add here if the above sounds harsh. Dogecoin also has a C rating (as does Monero and many others). If you work in this industry and can’t differentiate between a meme coin that hasn’t been updated in years and one that is performing cutting-edge research, pioneering the future of private transactions, then you should probably be doing something else.

And Bitcoin got a C+, so just a marginally better rating than Dogecoin :disappointed:

6 Likes

It’s funny how a ratings system hasn’t impacted the market negatively. ZCash is up this morning and will most likely continue its roller coaster ride today.

they really did a terrible job… poor, and lazy analysis

2 Likes

Apparently S korea launched a DDoS attack at them, seems more like a North korean thing to do

there is a theory in technical analysis which says the more PA tries on a certain level without breaching it "support / resistance " the stronger that level becomes .

so now PA is trying for the 6th time to break above 469 USD level !

lets put this theory to the test and see if it gets breached , it should automatically turn into a strong support area.

and hopefully we wont see below it again if its breached , at least for the time being .

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more - obviously they are pretty clueless. I do get why platform plays would be ranked highly, but even then it has some very large flaws if you look at all the C ranked coins. Numerical ratings would have made more sense in general, and some actual analysis on current functionality, teams, future plans, etc. Would have made a lot of sense too. It’s almost like they just look at pricing history and things like that, as opposed to everything else going into it.

Personally, I think ZEC had good timing on market entry for a non-premined, non-hardfork coin, especially given the wealth distribution within bitcoin (which is why everyone keeps hard-forking it). That said, I wanted to mine bitcoin back in late 2009, but had zero money and my mom thought it was a terrible idea, and just an excuse for me to have a gaming rig so I didn’t have to game at 2 fps (yeah, it was that bad). Had I been able to do that, and been able to sit on a fat stack of btc, I would be all for the hard forking ideas as well lol (although it’s still not the solution in my opinion - which is why I love ZEC).

3 Likes