Price Speculation

Wtf… another blood letting?!?

We never got 2 green days so officially the sell off is not over!

Price is low but difficulty so high…

technically speaking , zcash is in a buying area now 460. but BTC not so much .

If I was trading I wouldn’t buy BTC now . maybe below last low which was 9000 or if any other PA change meanwhile.

and because of correlation and zcash behavior since the begining of new year . it seems it will follow BTC where ever it goes mindlessly .
which really is very annoying and negates any technical analysis to zcash .

for the last 3 weeks one might analyse BTC and trade according to that on any crypto .

I guess most interesting question is not where prices will go "up or down " but rather the reasons behind the sudden 3-4 weeks correlation between most cryptos and BTC .
that needs analysis and investigating .

3 Likes

This is very similar to what happened back in June-July… GPU prices skyrocket, everything in crypto goes down.

I know that GPU shortages are not just because of mining (memory, paranoid companies etc etc).

If the situation reproduces, we will see lower values than 450 for ZEC, while mining difficulty remains the same-ish.

Bah, brain, stop trying to see patterns everywhere!

I think the binance volume might help explain it, lots would be trading purely on btc values, just trying to gain in that area. Historically, when bitcoin would take a correction, the market would follow (because it has the greatest market cap, and you have a lot of newbie traders, they see btc as controlling the rest of the market as well as determining if the market succeeds, which most likely won’t be how it turns out in the long run).

I think the big upswing in people getting in late last year is starting to show, since I think most of them don’t really understand most of the crypto, and just want to make some quick money. So now you have an even bigger psychological factor at play - panicky people that have no clue what crypto really is, how it works, or why it works, experiencing their first correction, which is a big one. They also probably hadn’t followed it closely enough over time to really understand it, so they panic sell since they aren’t actually in the for the long haul, or at least a lot of them aren’t.

let them trade and discover the harsh truth .

any how .

zcash buy area now is 380 sh . 460 is a resistance and selling area.

breaking 380 down is bad for bulls .

( don’t know if its worth now analyzing zcash chart )

I’m feeling like it will drop to 385 or so…just a hunch. It’s sad to see these pullbacks, but whatever. Let’s hope hardware costs will drop as a result. The sellers are gouging like mad.

volume is terrible… we’ll pick-up once it returns.
moar USD gateways, plz

thinking we might see some volume return around 10:30 AM EST… we’re usually weak early AM EST.

need some kind of announcement. there’s not even any rumors floating around to talk about. been a year+ imo, we’re due.

we really need to be listed on GDAX / Coinbase. This is a huge limiting factor. As foreign markets (China and Korea) have more uncertainty, the US market needs to be there to help shore up the market. There really aren’t any good options for exchanges for most coins including ZCash.

I will be the first to admit. I’d rather buy LTC or ETH and Shapeshift into ZCash and pay the fee than open an account with the criminals that run Kraken. That exchange is one of the biggest jokes out there. Any time a coin starts to have any major swings, they disable trading on it, which is asinine.

The only one I was even considering was Binance, but even that is sketchy. The only legitimate exchange for American currency directly is Coinbase / GDAX. Outside of that, its a gamble.

2 Likes

agree …polo imo is a borderline criminal operation. kraken’s not suitable for actual trading.

it’s almost like we’re a baby being choked in the cradle.

I mean, honestly. At this point, if you are an entrepreneur and want to enter this market and don’t know how, start up a legitimate exchange for US. Coinbase / GDAX is the only game in town. If someone were to start up an exchange (that was legitimate and designed properly) that listed more “altcoins”, they would make a truck load of money. Problem is, it has to be done correctly. At this point, you can’t really grass roots it. You have to do it with large capital investors, not just some startup.

Either way, there is an obvious hole in the market that needs to be filled, I’m shocked no one else has tried to start an exchange for so long.

2 Likes

@kek and @W1nn1ng1 I’ve been using Kraken to do some minimal trading and to exchange a very small amount of ZEC, mostly to test out the system and if it works with my bank. But as you said, Kraken is very dodgy and full of errors when you are trying to do something.

Is coinbase and/or GDAX good for EU people? I know Kraken has SEPA transfers and can easily and without many fees move around money because of that.

lurkers: plz don’t take my post as kraken hate. kraken works fine if you take weekly/monthly “draws”… has improved after latest upgrade too. wire times have also decreased. not quite up-to-par for heavy trading yet. without kraken we’d really be hurting.

1 Like

much love, @kek thanks for clarifying !

Also, if you criticize something, I don’t see it as hate if you(or anyone) brings factual information regarding a statement. Criticism and constructive criticism is very important.

1 Like

I didnt expect price to drop so low…

We need something big such as Pos or Masternode as what dash and zcoin has implemented. Then we can see a price rise. I know probably people against this but holding long term will rewards greatly. Imo.

imo, tech isn’t our weak point.
in addition to more USD gateways; need more companies, 3rd party services, etc using zcash

1 Like

Futures contract having something to do with price drops!

2 Likes

Old news for some, no doubt, but Weiss Ratings (a financial ratings agency) is set to announce some model-derived cryptocurrency ‘grades’ which they are claiming will arm folks with a more holistic and objective measuring stick with which to inter-compare currencies. Sadly, Zcash missed the by-name mention list (Monero didn’t :disappointed_relieved:) , but I assume we will be graded. Given the high-visibility of these grades and the reputation of the grader, curious as to how much of an impact (near & long-term) this could have on our standing. On the really speculative front, how well do you think we will score?

2 Likes